speed wobble

๐Ÿ™‚ when im hiting bumps at a high speed my handle bars seem 2 be all over the place, i lean back nd this helps a lot but was just wondering if its anything to do with the forks are they to hard or soft and wats the best way to stop this speed wobble . any help would be great, thanks

Move the forks up in the clamps so there is a smaller amount of fork leg visible above the top triple clamp. That should help a little. The only other option would be to soften up compression and rebound I believe. Actually if its a huge issue for you, you may want to consider getting aftermarket triple clamps with a larger offset than stock, but that's about a $300 investment.

Move the forks up in the clamps so there is a smaller amount of fork leg visible above the top triple clamp. That should help a little. The only other option would be to soften up compression and rebound I believe. Actually if its a huge issue for you, you may want to consider getting aftermarket triple clamps with a larger offset than stock, but that's about a $300 investment.

Dont you mean move the legs DOWN in the clamps so there is less fork showing on top?

High speed bumps while you leaning up against the handlebars will much more likely cause your front wheel to bump like hell and will try to wash it out to the side due to high speed.

The best solution is to lean back with knees squeezing when hitting bumps at high speed, your bike will stay in position and you'll be much more comfortable...

Hope this helps

what do you mean my "offset clamps"? i have this same problem

Offset clamps affect the rake and trail which affect high speed stability.

Like others have said...Get the sag set first and balance the bike before doing anything.

sounds to me like you've never used a quality steering damper

Back when you were pooping yellow in your diapers we were addressing headshake through getting the geometry right on the bike first. Every rider is a 300 dollar part away from the perfect setup. Its what keeps the aftermarket industry going. Not me

Back when you were pooping yellow in your diapers we were addressing headshake through getting the geometry right on the bike first. Every rider is a 300 dollar part away from the perfect setup. Its what keeps the aftermarket industry going. Not me

I'm not saying you shouldn't setup the rest of your bike properly, but dampers serve a bigger purpose then just being a band aid for a ill handling bike

I can think of many instances I want/need a damper for, sure I could get by without one, I could also get by without having my suspension dialed in also :banana:๐Ÿ™‚

Let me re-phrase what I originally said...ahem..."a steering dampener is just a band-aid on ill-handling bike"...not a properly set-up bike. I know guys who use dampers and swear by them. That doesn't mean by default they are poorly set-up bikes. Get what I'm saying? :banana:

I got ya ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

I just know a few people who think dampers really are worthless, I love my damper, don't know how I went without it now haha

before you try everything else: did you check your steering stem bearings? if theyยดre loose, they will make the bike very nervous at high speeds.

thers a limit to how fast you can make a bike steer, without it becoming nervous. a steering damper can push that limit, giving you a faster steering bike, that will still be able to go in a straight line.

however, if the bike becomes nervous over time, something is worn, and in this case a steering damper is a poor solution

You may want to consider getting aftermarket triple clamps with a larger offset than stock, but that's about a $300 investment.

Physics and logic indicate that going to triple clamps with less offset would be a better than going to a larger offset.