Yoshimura RS-4D exhaust

The RS-4 is a great pipe if you're planning to keep your bike as a museum piece. Most of us on this forum really think that the RS-4 is overpriced & haven't really had a 1st hand experience with the system. Perhaps you be the 1st one to dyno your bike once purchased & installed? I think there are only a few that have the RS-4 but we really haven't heard any of them chime-in on how the system really performs when tested. It should fit the "S" with no issues.

ok done making cheese now , bunch of comedians hear.

first off oil changes can be a bit of a project , when I first got the pipe I was removing at each change remove pipe, skid plate, change oil then clean it all then put all back on

I just left the skid plate off, now you just have to remove one spring clean pipes done

looking at how to modify skid plate to make changes easier

performance , I can only compare it to a fmf power core 4 and power bomb header and it blows that pipe away with the spark arrester removed it sounds and performes even better

quality , well put togeather and it's a yosh

bad thing about the pipe have to watch lean angle all though I did try some peg sliders hit the sliders and did not hit the pipes and yes one hard crash and buy by pipes

they do cost alot watch ebay deals can be had found mine 700.00 free shipping

DSCF00012.jpg

DSCF0003-5.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up and info. I was a little worried about the center stand and oil change issue but if the performance was there i would sacrifice that. Just shopping around now. I currently run the RS-3 with the stock header and instead of purchasing an aftermarket header I was looking into the RS-2 full system, Ti full and the RS-4D.

I'll be getting a Dyno done at the end of the year once I can save a bit of cash - just to get the readings down on paper...

I love the look of my SM with the RS4Ds... Don't think any pipe looks better on a street only Tard. As for lean angle - I don't think there would be an issue - you'll be slipping/crashing before you hit the pipes.

When I can save up some more money I may even sit the bike on a Dyno for the day being tuned properly with my local guy - but that may have to wait till the big bore FCR and Hotcams go in..

Oil changes are a bitch though... not looking forward to my next one... That said the bash plat is completely useless considering your exhaust would be bashed before the plate even came close to anything...

As for the stand, I came from sportbikes to tards so I just use my rear and head stand to lift her up...

I think my basically stock bike runs better with the Yosh exhaust as it seems to have more of a top end pull, but it certainly sounds better to me. It was expensive and although it fit perfectly, I can see that the oil change will be a PITA. I created a 2X4 addition to a Harbor Freight bike jack that allows me to lift the bike completely into the air so that I could change out the front and rear tires as the low pipe makes it difficult to jack the bike up. Here is a video of another DR-Z owner running the bike around to capture some of the sounds of the pipe. I took the shots with my GoProHD:

I think my basically stock bike runs better with the Yosh exhaust as it seems to have more of a top end pull, but it certainly sounds better to me. It was expensive and although it fit perfectly, I can see that the oil change will be a PITA. I created a 2X4 addition to a Harbor Freight bike jack that allows me to lift the bike completely into the air so that I could change out the front and rear tires as the low pipe makes it difficult to jack the bike up. Here is a video of another DR-Z owner running the bike around to capture some of the sounds of the pipe. I took the shots with my GoProHD:

Good vid, Mista Tetge!

Now bring that bike to Qualcomm this Saturday. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good vid, Mista Tetge!

Now bring that bike to Qualcomm this Saturday. ๐Ÿ™‚

I don't ride in the dirt at all or I could not have the Yosh, nor do I hit the local kart tracks as you all seem to crash on a regular basis and the stock DR-Z's seem to hold up really well to crashes but the Yosh pipes would be the first thing on the ground. I don't have sliders on the rear axle since they would be useless. I can't ride personally, so I went for bling. But, I will send the crazed rider in the video down to San Diego as a compromise.

Good info from all! thanks. The looks and sound from that exhaust is sick but now I'm starting to think about practicality. I've got the RS-3 on now with a jet kit and the stock header. The RS-2 full system is readily available all over the place and might be the next step. However, does any body out there know of a good header upgrade for what I have now? My buddy found a stock header off the E model and noticed that it has a larger diameter and is more free flowing. Any thoughts?