motocross Québec on twostrokemotocross.com

MotocrossQuébec.ca 2stroke Fest

It is under perfect skies that took place the first annual MotocrossQuébec.ca 2stroke Fest. About 40 2 stroke motocross fans from across the province of Quebec, Canada got together last week end on the picturesque circuit of St-Marcel de l’Islet. We were there to cover the event and report to those who could not be there.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2010/07/motocrossquebec-ca-2stroke-fest/

pictures (Check crf #800 af500)

http://www.francisfontaine.com/client/rideday/

yup.. sucks it was the same weekend that the FMSQ of sainte-veronique was held...

I don't understand why major events are held on the same weekends.. especially here in quebec when the events a pretty rare..Not that the 2stroke fest was a major event... 40 people? maybe thats why there were only 40 people.. it was held the same weekend as the FMSQ race.. which is alot bigger.

Maybe next time it shouldn't be on the same date and maybe there will be more participants..

I chose the date for this event. It was the only week end between mid-may and late september that there weren't any races in the province. The FMSQ and SXQC changed their schedules afterwards (SXQC's race was in Montmagny, about 30 minutes away from St-Marcel). Actually the AX hurt us more.

Try putting together the schedules of the CMRC, FMSQ and SXQC (I'm leaving out SLSJ and AMVA to help you). Try to find an empty week end.

The ride days are still in their debut. People are still in the racing mentality. They think that they have to race to be happy in MX. We started in 08 and were lucky to get 10 entries per day. We didn't organize any last year, and for the first one of this year we got 40 entries. As people come and give them a try, the numbers will grow.

anyways I don't race FMSQ anymore because I don't find the point in doing so.. driving sometimes 2 hours for a 2h30 hour race... the subscription fee is always going up, teenagers racing thinking they are gonna get 1000$ bucks at the end.. when all they get is a nice small plastic trophy and they cant get sponsors because only the top racers got the best sponsors,giroux, metcalf,daudelin etc etc.. . plus you destroy your bike during those 2h30 hours.. I found out its not worth it..I like alot better riding with my friends in the woods plus I don't destroy the bike.

Also I don't understand why they are not counting the points for Jason thomas... apparently the FMSQ made a rule up that any "non canadian" who races in FMSQ doesn't accumulate points.. (which I think is stupid)

They try to bring international racers during the events to get more people to participate.. and they tell these racers.. OK.. welcome to the FMSQ... if you win.. sorry.. @ the end of the year.. your points don't count...

I wonder what our canadians down in the US with the AMA would think if this happened to them...

It's a motocross track. We felt that people who race had a stronger mx-related social network than those who just practice, so we tried to bridge the gap.

There are people who race regularly who don't mind the racing, they just want to see their friends and have fun riding. There are people who don't race because they feel they don't get enough riding time and it's too expensive. So our events bring the track time and low pressure of practice and the social/camping/group atmosphere of racing into one event.

We're holding another event in La Tuque mid-August, come and meet us if you want.