kx250f into trail bike

Ok, i have a 2009 kx250f which i just got from a 2003 yz250f. I ride about 50/50 woods and track but the track is were it is at for me. I want to start racing motocross/supercross but i am 15 and i can not drive myself to tracks but i love riding so i ride whatever and a lot of the time the opportunity comes to ride trails so i do it. Both are fun, but i much prefer mx. Now with that said, i want my bike to still be good for mx (suspension) but it is not very good in the trails right now and i dont know what to do. I rode a 2008 yz250f (was going to buy it) almost new, he said the suspension was set all the way soft and it felt better than my bike in the woods, but not on the track. Any ideas 🙂

That is about the same what I do with my KX250F... lots of woods and mx, too

suggestions: a trailtech sidestand, one tooth higher front sprocket and hand guards (these are essential for trail riding and do not harm your track time)

I would not worry about suspension setting => the faster you ride at the woods, less you re gonna notice it

cheers from Brazil !!!

I have a 1 tooth higher sprocket and was thinking about handguards, but i hear they are a wrist snapper in mx.

i've ridden with wrap around hand gaurds many times, all you need to do to prevent wrist inguryies is angle them down a bit, with that said though i still prefer the mx style hand gaurds for trail riding, they're much lighter.

i trail ride an 09 as well, and honestly with the suspension the faster you go the better it is, i prefer it for trail riding then almost any enduro bikes i've ridden (except TM two strokes and the CRF250X), i've geared mine 13:51 for offroad and find it very good for single track.

Around here the trails are tight 1st gear trails with big roots and logs and when hitting them it just feels STIFF.. So i wasnt sure.

theres no such thing as a first gear trail, it is stiff, it's a motorcross bike, but even at 60 kg i find the suspension very good in rooted nasty single track, if you sit down and try and ride through rough stuff you'll feel it, you need to be standing (which you should be doing anyway)

heres the cats meow! call up factory connection and they sell these things for your forks called PRESSURE SPRINGS. These springs handle the intial 0in to 3-4in of travel on the fork. Buy some 1.42s maybe 1.5s. FC can fill you in on what would be best. Dont waste another minute dickin around trying to soften up the stroke, unless you want to drain some oil... These will also help on MX tracks when you hit braking bumps and small stuff. Also lowers the thing slightly.