first oil change - issue

๐Ÿ™‚

WHY didn't Honda engineers make the cap nut a standard 22mm size? What is it, 23 or 24? I have to go buy a socket.

To be fair, I guess I'm just as ticked that my comprehensive Craftsman socket set only goes up to 22mm.

Edited by Schneller

It is pretty huge and I don't know why they went with something that big, I guess it might not be as easy to strip the drain hole... But if you DID manage to strip it, think about how hard it would be to obtain a tap that big to fix it!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™‚

I'd rather deal with stripping a 10-14mm bolt, easy to tap out... :banana:

Kind of a weird design, but these motors were made for cheap street bikes originally I believe, and honda adapted them to a dirt bike chassis cause they were reliable, at least that's what I "read/hear"

Well, I got the socket and changed the oil. Thanks for the equivalent Imperial size, for some reason, the 15/16 socket was $1 cheaper than the 24mm one.

So, what kind of oil should I be using? (Ducks, covers head, and runs.) ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, I got the socket and changed the oil. Thanks for the equivalent Imperial size, for some reason, the 15/16 socket was $1 cheaper than the 24mm one.

So, what kind of oil should I be using? (Ducks, covers head, and runs.) ๐Ÿ˜

For what its worth I've run a bunch of different oils in my XRs with mixed results, also done a lot of research over the years trying to increase engine life on daily drivers. The short story is use a JASA MA rated oil, avoid car oils with a API SL or SM rating, and change oil often.