New Supersprox Sprockets.

I've used those sprockets before, but never that brand of chain. The sprockets are not bad. The front will last about as long as any other front sprocket, maybe a little less. The rear sprocket will last a loooong time at least 3 times as long as the front. My only gripe about the rear sprocket was about the weight. It was only 4 ounces less than the steel sprocket I was using at the time, but at 5 times the cost of the steel sprocket.

Please do report back on the durability. I'll bet it lasts a long time.

I know its a little off topic but did you have a chance to change up your rear sprocket since going over to the 300? I remember you talked about going to a 47 in rear. Also do you think your sprocket and chain wear is that same as when you were a 250 or do you think it accelerated?

BOT: The only area I would see being an issue here is the rivets in between the steel and aluminum since it is another wear point created possibly

Don't forget about about Ironman sprockets. Very durable, and quite light. I've got around 150 hrs on mine, shows almost no wear at all. Been thru 3 front sprockets and 2 chains.

Well worth the $50 Ebay score.

I definitely like the look of the sprocket, and I think so far its the only one thats in direct competition with the Renthal Twin ring. I'll be following on it with interest about durability since soon Ill need new chain and sprockets.

I have had the Supersprocket. Got about 200 hrs out of it and it was still in pretty good shape. A lot of people would have continued to use it.

It is a little fatter than some other sprockets and the rivets can rub on the chain guide if your font wheel is too far forward.

Currently running the Renthal twinring, I have noticed it has burred over a little already with not even 50hrs on it.

I would like to try the Iron man sprocket.

Is your front sprocket steel/Supersprox as well ?

Yeah it sure is, I ordered front and rear Supersprox.

Ok, here is what I've seen so far after a 3 hour ride yesterday. The sprockets look awesome, perfect. That damn Iris chain, now I don't know what to think about that thing. Didn't stretch very much at all, but the side-to-side place is insane. If I push it towards the tire, it WILL touch it. I the slack 3 times and it is within spec.

Does anyone have any experience with X-ring chains? This is the first I've ever owned. Whats their characteristics?

I have a DID Xring and its the same way with insane amounts of side to side play even when new however upon measuring the 10 pins its well within spec. It might just be an Xring thing but Im not 100% sure.

Yeah its unreal the side-to-side play it has, but same as you said "even when new" it had that kind of play.

• 2 months later...

How are the chain and sprockets holding up? I am in need of a new set and was looking at the Supersprox set up, can't go wrong w/ a lifetime garuntee. But what good is a life time garuntee if the counter sprocket needs to be replaced 2-3 times before the rear? I always get new sprockets and chain at the same time.

MAX!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I dont have any photos, but after around 25 hrs (give or take 30 min.) these things look brand new. Aside from the black and orange fading and the longevity, (seen a blue one on a Husa that I would have liked to seen on my bike, but this sprocket won't wear out so I can get another) I can't find a reason not to buy another set when they're due. If they ever where out.

I still think your chain is way too tight, I like to use a ratchet strap to compress the swing arm until it is in line with the countershaft. Then it will be at the tightest point and you set the play to 1/4. If it is too tight you will eat countershaft bearings, wheel bearings, sprockets, and chains.