125 to a 450

I need some help on deciding on a new bike. Im deeply condsidering a 450 but am not sure if I'll like it or not, I just love how i can throw my 125 around at high speeds. The main reason im looking to get a new bike is lack of bottom end power on my 125, I am by no any means of slow on my 125 either. Im just wondering if there are any brands or years to stay away from. I ride about 85 percent woods too.

Thank you

I need some help on deciding on a new bike. Im deeply condsidering a 450 but am not sure if I'll like it or not, I just love how i can throw my 125 around at high speeds. The main reason im looking to get a new bike is lack of bottom end power on my 125, I am by no any means of slow on my 125 either. Im just wondering if there are any brands or years to stay away from. I ride about 85 percent woods too.

Thank you

Dude in the same boat. Are you looking to buy new or used? I would go for the new Husaberg fe450 if youre going to buy new. The Hondas have always been good bikes if youre buying used

How about a Cr250 or a rm250? They are both great woods bike and have alot of power and the rm has excellent handling and they have ton of bottom end power. Also if you got a 450 it would cost alot more money than a 2t and another thing you would like about a 250 2t is that they are lighter then a 450.

Try a 250 2 stroke -- you'll have tons more bottom end, but still have 2 stroke riding characteristics.

Plus, since you mentioned money being an issue, i would rather take a gamble on a used 2 stroke than a used 4 stroke.

Was at my mechanic's shop a few days ago and he had a nice looking '07 CRF-250 that he was doing a major overhaul on-- i asked what happened -- the reply was -- "The kid who had it never changed the oil, he just took off his race plastic and put factory plastic back on to make it look fresh to sell" -- too many stories like that. Happens to 2 strokes too, but then it is a $300 problem and not a $1500 problem

Try a 250 2 stroke -- you'll have tons more bottom end, but still have 2 stroke riding characteristics.

Plus, since you mentioned money being an issue, i would rather take a gamble on a used 2 stroke than a used 4 stroke.

Was at my mechanic's shop a few days ago and he had a nice looking '07 CRF-250 that he was doing a major overhaul on-- i asked what happened -- the reply was -- "The kid who had it never changed the oil, he just took off his race plastic and put factory plastic back on to make it look fresh to sell" -- too many stories like that. Happens to 2 strokes too, but then it is a $300 problem and not a $1500 problem

+1 I'd go used 2 stroke 250 😏

If you test ride a 250 2t you will fall in love :cheers:

a 250 2t will simply be your bike, but with balls 😏

• 3 weeks later...

I went from a 2002 rm125 to a crf450r, which I kept for one year and sold this past winter. I have had 2 other 450's since (2006 KTM 450EXC, 2006 KX450F). I got rid of those as well, I cant tell you how much I missed two strokes because I now have a 2005 rm125 factory bike and am hoping to sell this week to a guy from Pennsylvania. If I sell i then im going straight to Charlotte and picking up an rm250. I love 2 strokes and wont go back to a 4 stroke for a while just because they are so freaking boring and bulky. I also wouldnt ride a 450 in the woods because it takes alot out of you if you ride for several hours. I am also alot faster on a 250 smoker.