Taillight/Turn indicator Options?

I know that this has probably been discussed 4 million times but humor me.

What options are there for getting rid of the big ugly plastic mud flap/taillight jobbie on the DRZ400S? I would like something that looks better.

I would love to see home modifications of the stock set up as well.

Thanks

Greebe

My advice is just to rip off all the turn signals-front and rear. That's what I did to shed some weight (I also got tired of the things breaking when I dumped the bike). In most states there is no traffic law that requires a motorcycle-even a street legal one to have turn signals. I did the stock taillight mod that has been mentioned here numerous times and got rid of that spacer and took a sawzall and cut the rear fender down to a more reasonable size. After cutting the rear fender down with the sawzall I smoothed it out with a file and some sandpaper.

Thanks for all the responses.

It would be nice if I could get ride of the turn signals, but then I wouldn't pass inspection here.

retroranger-- I like your homemade version, if that was you, as you talk about yourself in the third person. Are there two retroranger's here?

Thanks again and keep up the homemade versions, I like to see those.

Greebe

the drc edge led tail light and moto-led signals from wheeling cycle supply.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=26996

Hey Bumtarder,

Is it legal to have your rego plate mounted vertical in the US ?...

The cops here in Australia will write a ticket for it..

I think it's a practical way to mount the plate - it acts as an extra mudguard piece and can't be blackened by exhaust fumes...🙂

Edited by CraigoDRZ400sm

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=27221

What kind of set up do you have on your bike? I have never seen the turn signals on the plate like that before. Have you passed inspection with those? From what I hear in some places, your turn signals have top be a certain distance apart.

Thanks,

Greebe