2004 CRF 250X turning difficulties.

I had a really hard time with my bike washing out in the corners when I first got it. Raising the forks in the triple clams stopped the washouts for me...it basically shifts more weight to the front wheel to give it more bite. I wouldn't go too much or your high speed stability will be reduced. I found about 2.5mm up in the triple clamps made a huge difference. I have read not to go up over 3.0mm...but I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

I have tried raising the forks between 2 and 6mm. I am currently running 6mm and all is OK and steering is improved. Rear sag also makes a difference and I currently run 100mm max.

Another help is to sit as far forward on the seat/tank as you can. Keep your nose over the xbar pad. This makes more difference than all the suspension mods.

Mine was terrible when I got it.

I installed an R rear shock spring, had the forks and shock revalved, raised the forks to 6mm in the triple clamps and run an M31 Dunlop in the front. Turns quicker and sticks like fly paper.

Flys good too, had it to the MX track yesterday and I'm not a good jumper and the X was VERY stable/well mannered on the jumps.

I had a really hard time with my bike washing out in the corners when I first got it. Raising the forks in the triple clams stopped the washouts for me...it basically shifts more weight to the front wheel to give it more bite. I wouldn't go too much or your high speed stability will be reduced. I found about 2.5mm up in the triple clamps made a huge difference. I have read not to go up over 3.0mm...but I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

so does this mean that there should be 2.5mm of the fork sticking up above the triple clamp on top?