06 kx250f overheating

I have an 06 KX250f. started it up tonight and ran it for about 5-10 min and it started boiling coolant out of the overflow. I'm guessing it is probably a water pump, but I am brand new to these 4 strokes. Is there anything else that could cause this? Top end and valve adjustment was just completed.

5-10 minutes on a stand?

I let it idle a few minutes, then went down the street and back (only up to 2nd gear), got back to the garage and noticed steam from around the rad cap, as I tried to figure out if there was a hole in the radiator it started to drip on to the ground and I traced it back to the overflow hose.

rad caps are cheap. Sometimes the little rubber gasket will crack and then when pressure is applied the thing will basically be a small hole. Try those two tricks and you should be set for a long time! BTW make sure to tighten up your hose clamps, the increased pressure can make your hoses leak if the thing gets really hot. I did mine and havent a had a single problem!

I'm having a hard time finding the 1.6 cap, nobody seems to stock it. Guess I'll have to order it

I also found RedLines Supercool with WaterWetter, label says it operates 5 degrees cooler than the Engine Ice, does anyone have any input on this. Main disadvantage that I see is it does not offer freeze protection so I would have to do a coolant change before storing it here in MN, but I'd probably do that with Engine Ice also since it only goes down to -26.