clicking joints?

when I was 16 my left knee started clicking.

18- broke my right knee.. shortly after it began clicking in once in a while... felt weird/nice, hard to do, rarely happened. then it started happening more often, got easier to do, and felt less... now its like any normal crack where it cracks, I feel nothing, and it happens all the time.

18. chest, sternum started cracking, this might be exaggerated by me smoking.. but not cigarettes. (I live in bc... come on). this one might have something to do with my back also, it happens once a day average and feels very good.

18 or so (not a good time for the ol body) - some of the joints in my fingers started cracking, especially the thumbs... this is from playing video games for an average of 5 hours a day, 365 a year since I was about 5 lol!!

20- left wrist started clicking, this isnt as often and sometimes hard to do, loud click and feels good.

23 - lower back starts clicking once in a while... feels like its out of place until I make it click/snap. ive been told its just gasses or liquids (cant remember) leaving the joint or something.

26 - both shoulders start cracking, clicking, I believe its from being on the computer so much. doesnt hurt, kinda loud, easy to do.. it happens when I dont even expect it, kinda annoying it happens often.

so, as you can see there is a pattern. I am too young to be sounding like a african clicking tribe when I move around, is this a form of arthritis? im thinking its something I should see a doctor about... but im scared of the truth 🙂

my body has been doing that for quite awhile also. Growing up i jammed all of my fingers at various times, and i cannot make a fist without noticeable noise. That is becoming arthritic for sure now. Dislocated left hip, that makes occasional noise. My right ankle clicks every time i go up steps. Shoulders make popping noises from too many years of rowing boats. i have started taking things like glucosomine, shark cartilege, various supplements and it seems to be getting better. a lot of it is probably minor, and as people said, just gases. i find mine are worse after scuba diving for a bit, but that passes. Good luck. start taking better care now or you will regret it later.

• 2 weeks later...
seriously though, am I the only one here that has half the joints in my body clicking? I imagine the other half will start clicking within 10 years?

my knees click if I squat down, my thumb clicks if I move it around, my toes crack when I walk, my elbows click if I extend them some times. You are not alone lol

I'm 43 and had a few injuries from racing and falling down for a living in the movies.

I think some people are just more "clickie" than others. Almost all of my joints click sometime or another. I talk to my peers and they don't seem to click as mush as I do.

Someone told me once "if doesn't hurt - not to worry", its just hard when each month its something new.

Could someone explain the "gasses" theory....????

I'm 43 and had a few injuries from racing and falling down for a living in the movies.

I think some people are just more "clickie" than others. Almost all of my joints click sometime or another. I talk to my peers and they don't seem to click as mush as I do.

Someone told me once "if doesn't hurt - not to worry", its just hard when each month its something new.

Could someone explain the "gasses" theory....????

Can I have a picture of the leftmost chick in your avatar? From your avatar she looks hot, but the picture is so small, it's hard to tell.