Little Brown Jug Enduro

Ok guys,

Here is the flyer for the first SETRA enduro of the year!

Good News: You do not need to be street legal! USFS approved spark arrestor required.

Bad News: The Forest Service will come down on any racers or chase crews with both barrels for acting like an idiot on the forest service or public roads! :banana::bonk: We will have county deputies posted at the 2 highway crossings. ?

http://greenvilleenduroriders.com/site/flyer/2010_LBJ_ENDURO2.pdf

This is the 57th annual running of the LBJ. Please help us make this run a success and be around another 57 years!

c ya there!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the good news is good! can you please define what "acting like an idiot" is?

Watch what GrayFox does, don't do that. He is a wild man! ?

I am guessing it means speeding, wheelies, tearing up dirt roads, running stop signs...racing others, endangering the public, ...etc...

the good news is good! can you please define what "acting like an idiot" is?

I'm betting it means different things depending on who sees it and what sorta mood they're in.

How much of this enduro is gonna be on that powdery stuff I couldn't ride on yesterday in Union??? It was only the second time I've ever ridden on powder like that and it kicked my butt.

let's go ahead and sign up and get on the same row. ?

Lemme know when y'all sign up.

If I do this, I would really like to be on a row where I know some guys.

It'll be my first enduro :banana:

I'm betting it means different things depending on who sees it and what sorta mood they're in.

How much of this enduro is gonna be on that powdery stuff I couldn't ride on yesterday in Union??? It was only the second time I've ever ridden on powder like that and it kicked my butt.

Last year there was very very little of that kind of stuff ?

let's go ahead and sign up and get on the same row. ?

Try and keep me in the loop on this one as I may even come out of "semi-retirement" for the Jug.:cheers: Being Labor Day weekend may put a kink in my race plan:banghead: Now, I just need to start a discussion on what class I should ride................?

Tempting, but don't want to get assigned a row way in the back. Plus wasn't this one the one that a bunch of people got tickets at last year?

No! That was the Long Cane in Abbeville which I heard is not going to be held this year after many years. To my knowledge, not one ticket was given out last year. We have cooperation from the FS and county do this. We only cross one county paved road twice and we have a parade permit to do that and paid deputies to assist you across and on your merry way. Just because we have cooperation doesn't mean you can't get a ticket for being foolish which will disqualify you. If all riders and spectators act responsibly we hope to continue for a long time. That means participant bikes only on the roads, no speeding or racing on the FS road, wheeling, spinning donuts, pit bikes, quads, etc. Obey the police and EMS at the road crossings. The FS roads, which are narrow gravel roads, are for transferring from section to section and not racing. There will be enough resets to keep you on time and eliminate the need to race on the road.

Ron, if you get your entry in NOW you will be up front. This run will not get as many riders as the Sumter National in all likelihood and rows are not held for the pro's. ?:banana:

Can we register online? How can we register insuring that we get on the same row?

What's the best way to handle this?

Blur, I am in to sign up with whomever. If I had to bet, I don't know that Matt will make it. Between work and not riding, he may not feel ready, though I know he wants to ride. What do ya say Matt, you up for it?

I am game for signing up with a few of ya. Just let me know.

We need to do it SOON, though.

grayfox, what is the terrain like there??

Can we register online? How can we register insuring that we get on the same row?

Blur, I am in to sign up with whomever. If I had to bet, I don't know that Matt will make it. Between work and not riding, he may not feel ready, though I know he wants to ride. What do ya say Matt, you up for it?

I am game as long as I can get off from work and my bike is rideable by then.....

Send your entries in one envelope with a note to put you on the same row (5 per row) and I am sure they will do their best to accomodate you. No online registration. If not a full SETRA member be sure to read the flyer about 1 day membership and what classes you can ride.....

Terrain is rolling with very little really tight stuff. Lots of up and down hills but nothing really steep or long hills. Pine woods, lots of old growth hardwoods, quite a bit of SC red dirt, some sections of sandy loam that can be dusty if it is dry. You will even see some rocky sections. Lots of fire breaks with some jump/waterbars thrown in. All creeks or ditches have to be bridged so no problems there. No swamps that I have ever encountered. Let me add a caveat that there is one new section this year that has not been used in years that I have never seen! This is generally considered to be one of the easier, more open enduros with the heat being the biggest problem. I have been at this for 40 years and I enjoy riding these trails as much as any I have ever ridden.

Send your entries in one envelope with a note to put you on the same row (5 per row) and I am sure they will do their best to accomodate you. No online registration. If not a full SETRA member be sure to read the flyer about 1 day membership and what classes you can ride.....

Terrain is rolling with very little really tight stuff. Lots of up and down hills but nothing really steep or long hills. Pine woods, lots of old growth hardwoods, quite a bit of SC red dirt, some sections of sandy loam that can be dusty if it is dry. You will even see some rocky sections. Lots of fire breaks with some jump/waterbars thrown in. All creeks or ditches have to be bridged so no problems there. No swamps that I have ever encountered. Let me add a caveat that there is one new section this year that has not been used in years that I have never seen! This is generally considered to be one of the easier, more open enduros with the heat being the biggest problem. I have been at this for 40 years and I enjoy riding these trails as much as any I have ever ridden.

grayfox, the only issue I see is all of us sending in entries in one envelope. We don't exactly live next door to each other.

Any other suggestions? if not, we will figure it out.

Is there somewhere we can see what rows are available, or will we just have to wait till we get our notification back upon entry being paid?

That sucks!! just noticed us one dayers have to run A class or the Sportsman/1 day class....not so sure now...

grayfox, the only issue I see is all of us sending in entries in one envelope. We don't exactly live next door to each other.

Is there somewhere we can see what rows are available, or will we just have to wait till we get our notification back upon entry being paid?

That sucks!! just noticed us one dayers have to run A class or the Sportsman/1 day class....not so sure now...

whats a matter with the sportsman class ? Blair and I live next door to each other almost. You are the thorn in our sides ?

gmoss,

Try emailing Duane Wellington - lcwell@prtc.net He will be doing the row stuff. Pose your question to him and see what he says that way you will get it straight from the horse's mouth and not second hand from me. He usually will post the rows on the GERA website later on.

I looked at the entries last year after the run and was surprised how few rode that class (sportsman). Might be a good chance for a speedy dude such as yourself to pick up a "Jug"! If you can keep Gyro from swooping in and snatching it away from you! ?

gmoss,

Try emailing Duane Wellington - lcwell@prtc.net He will be doing the row stuff. Pose your question to him and see what he says that way you will get it straight from the horse's mouth and not second hand from me. He usually will post the rows on the GERA website later on.

I looked at the entries last year after the run and was surprised how few rode that class (sportsman). Might be a good chance for a speedy dude such as yourself to pick up a "Jug"! If you can keep Gyro from swooping in and snatching it away from you! ?[/Quote]

gmoss,

He was lurking on here and saw your question. Se if this answers your question.:

forgot to add- row info will be posted on gera website as race gets near

----- Original Message -----

To: steveramey@charter.net

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:09 PM

Subject: lbj

grayfox,

fine work representing gera on the forums. thanks.

single envelope issue-newbies i assume-GOOD-we need fresh blood on the enduro scene.

for riders that want to ride together but are spread over a wide area: use the phone/email between themselves. one member of the group ,we'll call him squad leader, downloads, prints, and fills out COMPLETELY AND LEGIBLY entries for all riders. leaves entries not his unsigned. we will get unsigned entries signed when riders pick up packs. SL sends in all entries in one enbvelope with payment for all-can be one check.

5 riders per row. one spot on each row from 20-40 is reserved for AA riders.