What is up with these forks?!!!!

one of my buddies bought a roached out 98 CR250 which basically has the same forks as the older CRF450's. He brought the forks over to my house and wanted me to put new seals in it. I've installed many fork seals in my day so this was going to be nothing new for me. I've got the forks tore down to the point were i need to remove the fork tube from the fork leg using the slide hammer technique. I CAN NOT get the forks to come apart. I've yanked on these things with everything i've got, and they wont even budge. You can look at the seal, and it hasnt moved at all. Any ideas?

And yes I've got the retainer clip out.

Use a propane torch to heat the outer tube around the seal. This will expand the tube and ease disassembly.

+1. Had to do this to a buddys bike a few months ago.

Just have to ask though. You do have the clip out that holds the seal in place right. You probably do, but........................ well you know:lol:. Just have to ask.

Thanks for the input guys, after i got threw with writing my post I thought of that very thing, went down stairs and grabed the propane torch and heated up the seal itself (to soften it) and the slid apart in about 8-10 pulls. Worked like a charm.

Thought I'd come back upstairs to brag about my success only to find you guys beat me to the draw....thanks for rainin on my parade...lol.