Re: TT500 questions

I recently purchased a 76 TT500 and would like to use a set of Betor forks and clamps that I have. The stems appear to be the same length. Does anyone know how if there are any aftermarket tapered bearings to fit the Betor stem and the TT head? Is this something that's relatively easy or will I need to have parts machined? Any help in making this change would be greatly appreciated...THANKS!

I recently purchased a 76 TT500 and would like to use a set of Betor forks and clamps that I have. The stems appear to be the same length. Does anyone know how if there are any aftermarket tapered bearings to fit the Betor stem and the TT head? Is this something that's relatively easy or will I need to have parts machined? Any help in making this change would be greatly appreciated...THANKS!

I don't have an answer for you, despite my past involving the TT500.

That said, bearings and stems are easy. Plenty of suppliers and parts to get exactly what you need.

And creating a new stem or changing the one you have is not much of an issue either. That said, there's a structual element here so removing material has to be respected.

Post some photos of your machine when you're done. Sounds like a great project.