Race Tech gold valves

They're ok. But if you want great suspension, contact www.smartperformanceinc.com

They sell kits that are DIY so you will still learn. And they are EXTREMELY affordable, front and rear revalve costs the same as one Gold Valve kit, and that includes oil, which do some searching, the oil alone is great.

Just check into it. The website may look a little shoddy, but dont let it fool you. DaveJ is a suspension guru, not a website designer.

The Joke here is the complete lack of understanding. The latest g2R valve provides any tuner more scope for adjustment than anything I've seen before. You now have adjustment not only on the shimstack itself but you can create progressive and digressive outcomes by utilising the adjustable preload. They allow the port area to be adjusted (obviously flow rates) to control the relationship between damper rod and piston. You can alter the amount of force developed at the piston itself.

If you can operate at a higher level you will appreciate this valve for its tunability and performance outcomes. If you are keen to learn and don't mind doing things yourself....you will be well rewarded.

By the way....you will do well to address the cylinder valve in your forks as a priority.

Terry Hay

• Like 1

factory connection is the better choice , race tech's gold valves are a joke , factory connection has some really good specs for hondas and i dont thing you will be dissappointed

Why are Gold Valves a joke? Sure, there may be better choices for different people, but Race Tech has been in business a long time and have sold a lot of Gold Valves. Thats no joke!

They make some really cool products like Cartridge Emulators for old forks and they make Gold Valves for so many different applications that other suspension companies choose to ignore.

They're really good guys to deal with. They stand behind their products and offer stellar support. Heck, everyone uses the free spring chart on their website. So before you go knocking a company, why don't you at least back it up with some facts or reasoning behind your ridiculous claim. And no, I don't work for nor am I affiliated with Race Tech in any way.

in my opinion race tech and pro action go about valving the wrong way , if you have enough patients and time on your hands then race tech can probably be ok , factory connection actually changes the shims out instead of putting a different piston in and removing most the shims , if you want suspension that meets your demands then go with fc , if you don't like it they will redo it for free to make you happy , they have awesome customer service and do more testing than any other suspension company

If you don't like it they will redo it for free to make you happy

Once you or a previous owner has a Revalve Service, FC will “update” the valving settings at NO EXTRA CHARGE. You simply pay for the labor and parts typical of a FC Rebuild Service.

That doesn't sound free?

Barnhill

It would seem you are basing your comments on opion rather than fact. The current Showa and KYB stock pistons are rediculously big. The hydraulic ratio that exists between the fluid being displaced and the area it is being displaced over is out of kilter. Anyone attempting to revalve the stock piston in these forks is at a serious disadvantage. Sure you can make it better than standard, but you are still operating within the standard design parameters. Ever wonder why stock fork springs are getting heavier and heavier? There is an attempt to compensate for the loss of damping control. Any tuner worth his salt will disassemble a fork, evaluate its function and then decide how he will improve it. If replacing parts will ensure better performance....go for it. If the stock components are ok, reconfigure to the individuals requirements.

I would challenge any tuner to make the stock piston more tunable than the current Gold Valve...and that includes Steve Ross from Factory Connection.

I think stock fork springs are getting "heavier and heavier" because the average riders are getting "heavier and heavier". Current stock spring rates, depending on the machine and it's target rider, are pretty spot on. Besides, you shouldn't try to use spring rate in place of hydraulic damping.

Also, Steve Ross hasn't turned a single wrench in his tenure at FC. He's the regional sales manager, not a tuner.

I wonder what Canard was using for pistons when he won today at millville? stock showa pistons revalved by factory connection, how many race tech gold valves made it to the podium? it is hard to get a plush ride with gold valves since they restrict oil flow so much

O.K. O.K. we get it. You like FC. That last statement shows that you truly don't understand the internal workings of suspension and are regurgitating some one else's sales pitch. I am not a Race Tech fan either, but at least disagree for the right reasons.😏

I wonder what Canard was using for pistons when he won today at millville? stock showa pistons revalved by factory connection, how many race tech gold valves made it to the podium? it is hard to get a plush ride with gold valves since they restrict oil flow so much

If you really think Canard was running stock showa pistons with a simple revalve from FC that anyone can get, then I want some of what you are smoking 😏

I have personally run FC, Pro-Action, and Race Tech on my bikes and have been pleased with all of them. In my experience, Pro-Action seemed to feel the best for me and had the best customer service to work with. I like Race Tech gold valves for the fact that they teach you how to improve and adjust your suspension rather than just doing it for you. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life. If you are a do-it-yourselfer and want to learn the basics of suspension tuning so that you can take it from there, Race Tech offers some great things.

• Like 1

Once again Barnhill you spout rhetoric rather than fact. The forks Canard would be using will be will be kit units. There are a variety of options for these. I have been working on a Nascar shock design for a while now to assist with mechanical grip vs downforce. The variety of piston designs for both Penske and Ohlins shocks is staggering. Why would you believe the MX game is restricted? Or rather, that it should be?

Put up a valid argument based on design principals and actual function. The

G2r valve can be both High Flow or High restriction.

Good advice.....Know the product you are working with.

Better advice.....know the product you are bagging.

As a tuner I am looking for the best option to obtain the best result. This is clearly not the stock piston in this case.....its not even the valving option generated by the RT computer. The G2r allows me to come up with a myriad of options based on the problems I'm experiencing with a particular bike or rider. No other valve provides me with the same level of tunability. If Factory Connection had a better unit in its product line I would have it on the shelf tomorrow. Sadly....they don't.

the whole geico team uses production forks, they do not use A kit showa stuff, and like you said i am basing everything off my opinion and you are doing the same, your love them and i hate them , i have tried them and i was disappointed , pro action and race tech both have never impressed me ,

the whole geico team uses production forks, they do not use A kit showa stuff, and like you said i am basing everything off my opinion and you are doing the same, your love them and i hate them , i have tried them and i was disappointed , pro action and race tech both have never impressed me ,

IIRC Windham was running "production forks" in SX this year, but he was the only one on the Geico team as far as I know. I can guarantee that the internals were not stock though. Looking at Canard's forks, the lugs are CNC machined billit, the outer tubes are kashima coated, the lower legs are DLC coated, and I'm willing to bet my left nut the internals are not stock with a few shims switched around 😏

You say that Pro-Action and Race Tech "do it wrong", but this is suspension tuning, there is no right or wrong. The only thing that matters is the end result, how you get there does not matter at all, and there is more than one way to do it. As long as the rider is pleased in the end, any way is the "right way". Pro-Action and Race Tech have been in business for many many years and have many pleased customers, to say that they are both a joke is just plain ignorant. If you don't like how they do things then don't use them, no need to slander their names.

• Like 1