Yz 175

I know a guy who has a 1976 YZ 175. Yes it IS the YZ. He offered it to me. It needs an ignition and flywheel.. Fairly good shape. i have a line on those. What should I offer him? I dont want to sound t interested. I need a good deal to make it happen. ???

Prices on bikes can really vary and I'm not sure if there is a standard price, maybe with some research on completed auctions you can get a better idea. One thing I will say is that I personally will pay way less(1/4 the price)if the bike is not running as it's hard to tell if there are other issues with the bike. A bike is worth alot more if someone can hear it, riding it is even better! Keep us posted, a YZ175 would be a very cool bike to have! Good luck!

I new some body that had one. He said it was the best bike he ever owned. They only made it for 1 year parts could be real hard to find. It is only worth what you are willing to pay.

Parts shouldn't be too hard to find. The bike lived on until 1986 in the form of the IT175 and IT200.

­čśĆ

know any one who might be interested in this?

P1010116.jpg

glenn

Love those old Yammies. You need 5 different size wrenches to completely disassemble those bikes(10mm,13mm,15mm,17mm,22mm,). In fact I could probably wrench on that bike in the dark.

­čśĆ

Love those old Yammies. You need 5 different size wrenches to completely disassemble those bikes(10mm,13mm,15mm,17mm,22mm,). In fact I could probably wrench on that bike in the dark.

You forgot the 12mm. And 11/32 spark plug wrench, and the philip screw driver.

The bike on CL is overpriced and somewhat pieced together. The muffler is off a DT125/175. Definitely not all original if that's important. Bikes are not selling like they were even a year ago.

I'd offer $500 and see where it goes. It was a one year only bike, 1976, but shares some parts with the YZ125 and YZ100.

You can go to Yamaha's corporate website where they have parts diagrams for this model. Some dealers may have them on their website as well but not all go back to the '70's.

• 3 weeks later...

To elaborate on that stated earlier, if the tank is dent free, plastic is not cracked or faded and can be polished back out, the seat is not torn or damaged and still pliable, then you have a good find. Your 175 should have the air canisters on the forks. Dent free original paint tanks for these bikes are almost non-existant. Condition is everything on old MX bikes of this vintage and because of this the value can vary widely from $50 beaters all the way up to pristine 100 point examples worth thousands. Desireability is important too. The C model 1976 Yamaha YZ's are some of the nicest looking vintage MX race bikes ever made in my opinion. A good number of kids back in that time dreamed of having one, envied those who did have one, and a few of us were lucky enough to have owned one. Search around on the web. There are an increasing number of nicely restored examples floating around out there. I've yet to see a mint 175 though. They were a rare bird then and much more so today. Kids like us got ahold of them and pounded them into the ground.

Here is one I had back then......

bikepics-1890380-full.jpg

And here is one I restored recently...

bikepics-1806792-800.jpg

Good Luck with it!

VIN

Parts shouldn't be too hard to find. The bike lived on until 1986 in the form of the IT175 and IT200.

Sorta...the 86 or so model years IT was based on the YZ125G of 1980. Biggest visual difference?, The sprockets are on the right side from 1980 on.