recall

So I guess the dealers cant even sell these bikes anymore. The reason is that the epa is saying these bikes are too easy to make non green sticker. Luckliy I bought my bike early enough so I am not having any problems but suzuki is trying to buy my dads bike back from him because he got it after a certaint date. Pretty crazy

Considering that I can make my '08 RM250 street legal without any emission testing, I wonder if this recall is limited to just a few states??

Either way, the EPA really needs to back off, if not I'm going to have to remove the catalytic converter off of my '05 Trailblazer. Oddly enough it can be done in about the same amount of time as it takes to mod a RMX450. And the gas that I can save (through better peformance) could actually cover a monthly payment for a RMX, an the scrap dealer will give me enough from the cat to cover a down payment.

.... hmmmmm ... ๐Ÿ™‚

And Michigan does not have any emission testing, so this is a real option.

California makes me laugh... no matter how many restrictions suzuki puts on this bike, 9 out of 10 people who buy it are going to take them all off. For example, the yamaha and honda 450x's have restrictions too yet i havent met anyone who hasnt modified them. Also, at least the rmx is fuel injected, the epa should be happy with that because even when its all-out its still cleaner than the other 450x's. :banana:

Im just happy that i got mine before the epa realized that yoshi has a cherry bomb for it.๐Ÿ™‚

The epa is a big fat toothless bully that picks on easy targets that it knows it can push around.

Where is this big ugly ogre when there is a real enviormental issue ( BP oil spill ) no where to be seen, I havent heard boo from them, and there not out there lifting a finger to help.

So what are these ******** picking on the bike industry for now, my blood boils when I hear of another freedom we have lost because of these enviromental nazi's.

enough's enough.

So your telling me that My dream to own a RMX450 will never happen now???? This makes me sad... and angry at the EPA:foul:

Ever since I first saw the RMX 450 I've wanted one so bad!๐Ÿ˜

Not untill they figure out a way to solve the issue, the dealers have them and I am sure they want to sell them. Then again thats what made the rmx so nice was how easy it was to make red sticker. You could always make someone an offer that already has one ๐Ÿ˜

Not untill they figure out a way to solve the issue, the dealers have them and I am sure they want to sell them. Then again thats what made the rmx so nice was how easy it was to make red sticker. You could always make someone an offer that already has one ๐Ÿ˜

Well, I just bought my 400E last July so I didn't plan on getting a new bike soon, but I would love to own a RMX some day. My local dealer just bought one for himself and it's awsome! He's put a yosh pipe and cherry bomb on it and put different springs in it. He said he's not giving it back to Suzuki either.

• 3 weeks later...

We call it a stroller here in the U.S.

I do agree that in some states many of our leaders here make me laugh too, mostly because many of the citizens that they represent are either as bad as; or are too dumb to realize that they are getting pretty close to being as retarded as our European brethren regarding personal liberties.

Do you think OHV areas are the only thing at stake?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, back to this recall.

I just stopped by my local Suzuki dealership and they do have an RMX on the floor. So while I was checking it over naturally a salesman stopped by. Long story short, he's never even heard about any recall on the RMX's and this guy has been at that dealership for over 20 years so if there was a recall it didn't cover RMX's in Michigan. Matter of fact, if I had a large enough check with me I could have bought it right then and would be riding it right now!

I think it's time to start selling some toys and start building up an RMX fund. :bonk:

• 1 month later...

Yeah the dealer I purchased mine from is sitting on a brand new one here in Ca. I guess I just barely got mine out the door before they were put on the hold list. Stupid deal these guys are having to deal with!!! I don't get what the issue is with Government, the bike is fuel injected, how much cleaner does it get?

Yeah, the dealer my dad bought mine from said they would gladly sell us another one, and we're in California too. ๐Ÿ˜›

wow, you guys are making me mad... i cant believe that California dealers are selling them and ohio dealers arent... I need proof!

Whats sucks even more is that I finally get the go ahead to buy a new bike, and the one I want isnt available to me!๐Ÿ˜