new bike for 14 year old

I think that any of the 250f motocross bikes would be a great bike for him. My cousin is about the same size as him and he got his yz250f in 8th grade and now he is in 10th grade and still loves the bike.

I would go with a 125 2t or a 250f. A 250 2t has a lot more power than a 250f. The only people who grow out of a 125, are those who think they need more power, or are literally too big for the bike and drag it down. A bike is only as weak as its weakest link, which is usually the rider.

he is 14 and 5'9. he will grow alot and fast so im thinking a 125 if out of the runnings. a two stroke might be too much power but you will adjust to it. i went from a ttr125 to a yz250f just fine and now want a 250smoker. i want the smoker mainly for the cost of upkeep

he is 14 and 5'9. he will grow alot and fast so im thinking a 125 if out of the runnings. a two stroke might be too much power but you will adjust to it. i went from a ttr125 to a yz250f just fine and now want a 250smoker. i want the smoker mainly for the cost of upkeep

the difference between a ttr 125 to a 250f and a 85 to a 250 2t is apples to rocks. 250f's = mellow 250 2t's = a huge jump. and first ride he may experience the WHEELIE OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

*disclaimer- wheelies of dooom are painful.

What does height have to do with anything? Kid weighs 130 lbs. I doubt he is going to weigh more than a 125 can handle any time in the near future. He should be able to get a couple of years out of it without too much hassle.

+1 I'm 155 and I feel fine on my 125

I agree.

Well I don't.... I'd get a 200xc

lol. budget man, err wait he may be looking at a 250f that sucker will cost him allot more:lol: