Trials tire Pics on WR 250/450 Anyone???

I don't have photos, but I did have a trials tyre on my 450 last year for a while.

They look really skinny! Horrible really...... but the grip .... sensational!

They feel weird at speed though, moving around. I didn't like that aspect so I've gone back to a knobby.

Greg

It doesn't look manly or agressive.

LOL!

Couldn't agree with you more mauricedorris.

They look very whimpy with that skinny little tyre on them, believe me/us climaxx dirtbikes!

(Bloody horrible in fact.)

If looks are important to you then you'd be best advised to stick to the knobbies.

Greg

I was simply curios as to how whimpy they looked

It looks real whimpy. If you are used to looking at a nice meaty knobbie, then the trials tire will look real bad.

But don't judge the book by its cover. That tire hooks up big time. Not just a little better... a LOT better.

As you slowly and easily climb nasty hills while passing guys who are stalled or stuck, they will get a perfect view of the trials tire when you pass them.

is it enough tire for a 450? I'm running a huge d908rr 140/80/18 right now, the mt43 looks really small next to it (running the mt43 on my 200, love it)

on my 200 I break it loose pretty easy on hardpack, so I'm scared the 450 will spin non stop

is it enough tire for a 450? I'm running a huge d908rr 140/80/18 right now, the mt43 looks really small next to it (running the mt43 on my 200, love it)

on my 200 I break it loose pretty easy on hardpack, so I'm scared the 450 will spin non stop

It works for me, but that answer is totally dependant on what type of rider you are. If your the type who is always wacking the throttle in every corner or over every log or rock, then maybe it isn't for you. What are you running for tire pressure? I run about 10- 12 psi in mine with a UHD tube, because I ride so much rock that I don't want to pinch flat If you watch the trials guys, they do a lot of finesse riding using throttle control to keep traction. The only place I find the trials tire to lack good traction is when the mud gets a bit deeper. Besides if your spinning then your not going faster, putting the power down to the edge of the grip of the tire is the fastest way to go and the trials tire has way more grip in most conditions than the standard knobbie, IMHO. WR_Dave

It works for me, but that answer is totally dependant on what type of rider you are. If your the type who is always wacking the throttle in every corner or over every log or rock, then maybe it isn't for you. What are you running for tire pressure? I run about 10- 12 psi in mine with a UHD tube, because I ride so much rock that I don't want to pinch flat If you watch the trials guys, they do a lot of finesse riding using throttle control to keep traction. The only place I find the trials tire to lack good traction is when the mud gets a bit deeper. Besides if your spinning then your not going faster, putting the power down to the edge of the grip of the tire is the fastest way to go and the trials tire has way more grip in most conditions than the standard knobbie, IMHO. WR_Dave

on my 200 I run the mt43 at 5-8psi tubless for single track, and 10-12 on hardpack and it will break loose on hardpack pretty easy

because I'll be riding on gravel and pavement I have reservations about that small a tire on the back of my 450, it's dinky compared to the tire I have on the 450 now, and I would have to run 10-12 or it'll roll over and hurt me on pavement

? Sorry didn't know what conditions you were going to be using it in. Some guys here tried the trials tire for dual sport type riding and found the trials tires to overheat and chunk on pavement. WR Dave

Some guys here tried the trials tire for dual sport type riding and found the trials tires to overheat and chunk on pavement.

Yeah, you need to pump 'em up for extended road use! They roll horribly at speed when cornering with low pressure.

I've only ever had to do a few kms on them on the road with low pressures thankfully, just riding from the trails into town for fuel and back.

I can imagine them overheating and chunking after a longer run on the pavement.

Greg