maybe engine noise?

i just rebuild my bike and it is running awesome but....it has a little noise at idle(not loud at all). i rode to the suzuki dealership(no honda dealer around and im friends with everybody there) and the head mechanic wasnt available to listen but the manager came over and he though maybe cam or valves. i didnt check my valve clearances after rebuild but i dont think its a valve noise. i did check and it didnt seem like there was any slack in the cam chain. what does cam chain noise sound like. i wonder if thats just how the engine is suppose to sound and im just use to my gsxr.

Shouldn't be noisy at all. My topend is quiet. I was sitting at a light this morning and thought my bike was having a meltdown... there was a crotch rocket with loose valves sitting in my blindspot.

Adjust your valves! You had the topend off and retorqued it... that is enough to add or lose lash in your valve train. Adjust them now and again when you change your breakin oil. If your rebuild included an aftermarket cam... don't run it until you adjust your valves as the higher lift cams usually need more clearance than the OEM cam. You'll end up frying your new cam...

You had the head and valve cover off... I would check the valves. It's easy enough to do. If you rule out valve lash as the culprit, then it may be your cam chain... or... (I hate to even suggest this) the cam chain tensioner. If it didn't get back in correctly, the cam chain would likely make a racket.