How do I replace the needle?

I have an 06 YZ125 that I would like to replace the needle on. Ive rotated the carb, got the top piece off so I can pull up the spring and white plastic ring but from here cannot figure out how to get the throttle cable out of the throttle valve. I can see a slit in its holder but still cant pull it out.

I have a guide but it just says: While compressing the spring (throttle valve), disconnect the throttle cable.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Once I undid the throttle cable from up top near the grip I was able to create enough slack to fish it out.

I installed a JD needle and now there is a clicking when I have the bike off but twist the throttle about half way. It feels fine when riding and this may have been there before with the stock needle. Should this be any concern?

Ya, I didnt actually take the white piece off the spring so I dont think it could be that. I heard the click, took it all apart then put it back together and it was still doing it.

I'm gonna see my friend with the same bike and see if theirs makes that noise.

Ya, I didnt actually take the white piece off the spring so I dont think it could be that. I heard the click, took it all apart then put it back together and it was still doing it.

I'm gonna see my friend with the same bike and see if theirs makes that noise.

Sorry I should be more clear

The white piece only goes on to the nut that holds the needle in place one way. There is a notch on the white piece and that goes in to the grove on the nut to hold the cable in place. Make sure this notch is in the grove or you'll have issues.

Sorry I should be more clear

The white piece only goes on to the nut that holds the needle in place one way. There is a notch on the white piece and that goes in to the grove on the nut to hold the cable in place. Make sure this notch is in the grove or you'll have issues.

You nailed it right on. I checked the manual and realized I misread the note they included about lining the white plastic piece up inside. I pulled it apart but wasn't sure on its position, installed it back in properly and the clicking was gone.

Thanks a bunch!!