DR 370 Ignition Problem..

Hey all; I'm hoping I can some help from one of you many DR geniuses here. I've scoured the web and can't seem to find any answers...

I picked up a 1978 DR 370 for a great price, if I can get it running.

Here's the issue:

When the coil and the points are disconnected, I have power from the magneto.

When I hook up either one, I get no power from the magneto.

The coil, points, and plug look relatively new. Any ideas? We've checked all wires, there don't appear to be any frays or breaks. Finding it impossible to get any juice to the plug.

Help!

If you know your magneto is producing voltage for the points all you have is the condenser, points, wiring, connections and coil to blame. Check that all of the isolating washers, sleeves, etc are installed properly on the point set to be sure the point arm is isolated from ground. Check that the condenser and magneto wire terminals are not touching ground somehow. Check point operation with a VOM. Even with the condenser connected you should see the open close transition on the meter if there are no direct shorts. Ohm out the coil....

If you know your magneto is producing voltage for the points all you have is the condenser, points, wiring, connections and coil to blame. Check that all of the isolating washers, sleeves, etc are installed properly on the point set to be sure the point arm is isolated from ground. Check that the condenser and magneto wire terminals are not touching ground somehow. Check point operation with a VOM. Even with the condenser connected you should see the open close transition on the meter if there are no direct shorts. Ohm out the coil....

Thanks for the suggestions. The points/condenser and coil were replaced before I got the bike. Maybe one of the components is faulty or installed incorrectly (and grounding out..).

I'm trying like hell to find a shop manual so I can see exactly how these things are supposed to be installed and wired together. Anyone have any ideas on where I can find one?