Why is my SSW/MRD Bleeding?

....or at least it looks like it.

Not at the mouth, but at the point where the end cap and muffler meet, l am seeing what almost looks like an oil leak. l have recently installed the quiet insert and now this oily stuff is leaking out around the seam.

Any idea why this is and is it something l should worry about? The pipe has only seen about 2 weeks of riding... although an awful lot of that is at WOT. l shouldn't have toasted the packing this quickly should l?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Not at the mouth, but at the point where the end cap and muffler meet, l am seeing what almost looks like an oil leak. l have recently installed the quiet insert and now this oily stuff is leaking out around the seam.

Any idea why this is and is it something l should worry about? The pipe has only seen about 2 weeks of riding... although an awful lot of that is at WOT. l shouldn't have toasted the packing this quickly should l?

Even if you toast the packing....It will not look like oil.....But rather you would see the small fibers exiting...... A little oil might be present from production......But is burned off in the first few rides.......So if you still see liquids..... Either oil from the motor....or water. Watch the levels.

๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

Erling

The insert may be making it harder for the gases to escape the main exhaust hole ,so they are finding other ways to exit.....Nothing to be concerned about...

I would Lose the insert and unlease the HP.....๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by CraigoDRZ400sm

Thanks for all your comments! My oil levels are identical to what they were 1000 miles ago so l have stopped worrying.

l will start racing my bike as of the 19th... however the style of race limits the db rating to 99db. lnsert's gotta stay. Even with the insert in l need earplugs if l'm caning it on the public roads.

Did you lean the main to adjust for the potato in the pipe?

You mean THAT potato!

No, l did nothing to change the jetting. However, as of today l have been told that my 155 and 158 main jets have arrived. There's a 160 in there now(old style E FCR)... should l be changing to something else?

Does that mean l need to change the jetting every time l install or remove the quiet insert?!

I'd go with what he said ๐Ÿ˜

On public roads maybe l can do that AS LONG AS l wear ear plugs. Without them it feels like there's a helicopter in my helmet. l have no desire to be deaf.

On race days l will be barred from competition if my pipe is over 99db. So... the insert has to go in. First race is the 19th and that'll also be the first test with a db meter.

Even with the insert in l don't know if it'll pass.

Anybody know what the jetting should be with the insert in, please?

On public roads maybe l can do that AS LONG AS l wear ear plugs. Without them it feels like there's a helicopter in my helmet. l have no desire to be deaf.

On race days l will be barred from competition if my pipe is over 99db. So... the insert has to go in. First race is the 19th and that'll also be the first test with a db meter.

Even with the insert in l don't know if it'll pass.

Anybody know what the jetting should be with the insert in, please?

a 155 main should be good with the insert in , and regardless of what it checks at their test RPM it will be quieter at full throttle than any open muffler that passes their test , you might want to inform them that it has a baffel and that makes it quiet at full throttle where it matters , they should be sound checking at full throttle like they do in Europe now because that is the only way to know how loud a bike really is

a 155 main should be good with the insert in , and regardless of what it checks at their test RPM it will be quieter at full throttle than any open muffler that passes their test , you might want to inform them that it has a baffel and that makes it quiet at full throttle where it matters , they should be sound checking at full throttle like they do in Europe now because that is the only way to know how loud a bike really is

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your message. The 155 main is going in tomorrow. l believe they test here at 6,000rpm so it'll be on fairly equal footing l reckon. l'll post the results on here after next Monday ๐Ÿ˜

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your message. The 155 main is going in tomorrow. l believe they test here at 6,000rpm so it'll be on fairly equal footing l reckon. l'll post the results on here after next Monday ๐Ÿ˜

no prob. do you know what distance/ angle the sound meter is held ? because the MIC test standard is 3750 PRM for the DRZ at 20" / 45 deg angle and your bike would check under 99 db with the insert using the SAE / MIC test

2 MRD powered DR-Z's will be running in the "street-tard" class at the Qualcomm Stadium, "asphalt only" supermoto race this Saturday. Both will be uncorked for maximum power against the bigger bikes, and Deezers in the class.๐Ÿ˜

Wish us luck!!

adams13june2010.jpg