Rookie clutch issue??? 03 YZ 125

Ive got a 2003 YZ 125 and I just took off the case cover right. ( as a whole including water pump) I had a problem with my starter spring which I fixed, but while reinstalling the case cover I ran into a bit of a wall. Im trying to figure out how to properly line up the grooves on the push rod that comes out of the clutch with the grooves that are on the spindel of the push lever assembly that enters the case???? It seemed simple at first but I got it back together and my clutch didnt work??? Also just curious the push rod coming out of the clutch has play to it? Is this normal or should it be more secure? Any help would be great. Thanks

you just have to play with that shaft a little while you're putting it back together to get the gears to engage in the best spot. If yo uhave a manual it shows the correct angle you want the actuator arm to end up at. Just takes some finnaglin'.

Thanks for the info still puzzled though. It doesn't look like it has a ball bearing behind it on the basket side when i look at online diagrams. Is the push rod supposed to have quite a bit of movement to it? I can push it in and pull it back out, push it side to side, i don't know if it should have tension or any particular orientation? I'm curious if anyone knows where i can find a pdf manual?

Thanks for the info still puzzled though. It doesn't look like it has a ball bearing behind it on the basket side when i look at online diagrams. Is the push rod supposed to have quite a bit of movement to it? I can push it in and pull it back out, push it side to side, i don't know if it should have tension or any particular orientation? I'm curious if anyone knows where i can find a pdf manual?

I have a pdf for my 03 125. pm me your email and ill send it your way