Doing a top end 09. What am I missing

Getting readdy to do a TE on a 50+/- hr 09 250F. Did do one at 25 hrs but just replaced the piston/check valves. About to get it done again. Plan on getting new piston(JE) and tappets(buckets) and also a cam chain. What else am I missing.

Bike is ridden MX

i honestly don't understand why your replacing the piston at 25 hours, i recently did the first top end on my bike since i bought it at 100 hours, the first 36 hours it was ridden by a pro mx/sx racer, and the remainder with me doing a grade offroad and b grade MX, and the piston was just on the wear limit, maybe rings every 25 hours and piston at 50 if your hard on the bike.

basicly, you want a piston, rings, piston pin, cam chain and check the valve clearnces, unless the bucket's show sign's of wear your wasting your money replacing them, and if they have any sign's of wear then you have other issues, while the barrel's off check for play in the big end bearing

Its a OEM piston. I want it out. Had problems with them on a 08. Bike is hard core ridden 2-4 times a week.

Going JE

Yes buckets have wear. Not risking it. 1 shattered into a billion piece's on his 08