VForce3 Reeds

Just installed VForce3 reeds in my '97cr250r and must give them a 🙂 across the board. Significantly more power across the rpm range. Definitely quicker out of corners and revs higher also. At $137 on fleabay with free shipping, I'd do it again.

Was running oem reeds which were not chipped or cracked, but probably had seen better days.

I was running a 168 main and the stock needle on the 2nd clip from the top (leaner) before the new head and VForce3. Went back to the 175 (stock) main and raised the needle one notch (stock again) after the new parts. Honestly, I haven't done a plug reading yet because I didn't have a fresh plug at the time, but the bike feels lots stronger. When I started the bike after changing the parts, the engine wanted to race, which indicated a lean condition to me. Will do the plug chop the right way at the track this weekend with the correct fuel.

I think the head and the reeds both worked together to lean out the bike though.

The 175 was probably on the rich side initially. I did things right and did a plug chop at the track on Saturday and found that the 175 was perfect with the load of Sunoco race fuel, and Sunoco's literature told me to expect to go up 1 or 2 sizes on the main with the oxygenated fuel.

The bike ran like a beast. I did get beat on the starts by the 450's, but I was definitely competitive--and my rear tire is not fresh so I know I had more wheelspin than I should have had. I had lots of people at the track ask me if it was a 500 conversion.😏 Some of them acted like they had never seen a 250t actually compete. Too bad my riding wasn't skilled enough, because I think the bike was fast enough to have won.

I had to send my v force3 back, the sealing surface where the rubber intake boot contacts the reed cage had very significant mismatch, .016 to be exact..too bad because I love v force reeds, the cages however, need attention to seal properly, this goes for the vf2's as well, there are 4 screw holes in the sealing surface on the vf2, if anyone is having intermittent lean jetting and you have vf, it's worth a look at the rubber sealing surface on your intake mating surface. If I could get vf reeds for my stock cage...