2010 kxf450?

If the Kxf450 did so horrible in the shootouts why does it seem to have done so well with Ditriech, Abbot, Soule, Reed, Vilipoto on it?

It doesn't really matter what a bike does in a so-called shootout. They all can be fixed with suspension work and light bolt ons for amateur riders. All the pros you listed have unlimited resource dollars to work with they would be fast in a shopping cart.

It doesn't really matter what a bike does in a so-called shootout. They all can be fixed with suspension work and light bolt ons for amateur riders. All the pros you listed have unlimited resource dollars to work with they would be fast in a shopping cart.

yep

It's called the factory. All those riders you just listed are Kawasaki's top factory riders. Their dirt bikes cost more than the average person's house, and are tuned by a fine tooth comb.

yep

both of those posts are true. i got to talk to desrty abbott a few times.

all those bikes are pretty much built to their wants and needs

I got to ride one yesterday. Just like some of the magazines say, it has "rip your arms out of the sockets" type of power.

Regardless of sorta modified (yesterday's ride) or full factory, the rider still makes all the difference in the world.

If the Kxf450 did so horrible in the shootouts why does it seem to have done so well with Ditriech, Abbot, Soule, Reed, Vilipoto on it?

Is this a serious question? 🙂

Dude, you gotta give your head a shake if you think those factory bikes are anything like what you would buy at a dealership.

Also..... if you think those pros are all riding well because of the bikes they're on, you can't be too bright.

I've got nothing against Kawi's..... but it's not the bike that wins races.

wow. I am not so thick as to think they are riding something straight off the show room floor. however it is what they started with as a base. Furthermore the implied meaning of my question is how good is the kawi not how good are the riders. They are factory level pros, of course they are good. I want to know how much of their skill and bike setup/modification is being seen vs. how good the kawi is.

for those of you who didn't catch that I'm asking how good is the kawi if it lost to the ktm in most of the shoot outs.