High Revs - Metal scraping sound - WRR '08

So, I've been searching the interwebs and no one seems to have a similar problem that I can find, so I'll ask you guys. I will preface this by saying I am an idiot when it comes to motorcycles and the repair/maintenance thereof. Some of you might recall when I asked for help because I blew my clutch out dragging logs around the yard for firewood when I first got it :banana:

Basically the problem is whenever I get the revs up high in any gear, well before it would normally hit the limiter, there is a metal scraping sound that comes from the right side of the bike, it sounds terrible, and I always shift at that point.🤣 Otherwise, the bike is running normally and everything seems peachy. It's been happening for a while but I haven't had the money/time to fix it.

Today I ripped the bike apart, and opened up the clutch case to see if the problem was something obvious in there as a result of my previous work replacing the clutch plates. I don't see anything that looks strange, but then again I don't know what I'm looking for.

So I was hoping someone would have some advice on what I should be looking for, or what it might be, or if I should just take it to the shop and resign myself to being without a bike for a month or two and out hundreds of dollars. 🙂

What he's getting at is the resonance that can come off of the plate and or vibration on the frame with it. I saw you had one in your other post. You could drop the plate all together and ride it to see if that's the problem.