New bike

Just picked up a leftover 08 for my son. It was a toss up between the DR or a TTR. I liked the aluminum rims (yamaha was steel) and the oil filter(yamaha has only a screen). Any maintenance tips would be appreciated. I can't get over how much fun it is to ride.

003.jpg

I agree, for the 125, I like the DR-Z better.

First, fix the exhaust, looks like someone took a hacksaw to it. All this is going to do is make lots of noise. I like the supertrapp. I like the look of it, I like that it's stainless and I like that it's not insanely loud like the Yosh. We run 3-4 plates. But the stock pipe is ok.

Next, remove the snorkel from the air box.

Jet it appropriately.

Buy your kid the best gear you can afford. (I think you just did it for the photo op, but get him some decent pants and boots, no sneakers!), goggles and a chest protector.

You've got the big wheel version, so ride it like you stole it.

Probably will just leave it stock for now. No question about the gear, he has just bought some riding boots. He was actually pretty good riding on our track with his mom's quad, but is now starting all over developing bike riding skills. I think I'm more excited than he is.

I agree, for the 125, I like the DR-Z better.

First, fix the exhaust, looks like someone took a hacksaw to it. All this is going to do is make lots of noise. I like the supertrapp. I like the look of it, I like that it's stainless and I like that it's not insanely loud like the Yosh. We run 3-4 plates. But the stock pipe is ok.

Next, remove the snorkel from the air box.

Jet it appropriately.

Buy your kid the best gear you can afford. (I think you just did it for the photo op, but get him some decent pants and boots, no sneakers!), goggles and a chest protector.

You've got the big wheel version, so ride it like you stole it.

thats the stock exhaust lol