Wowow just wow!help.. (Broken pipe again)

Well I am pissed off because I broke a Pro circuit Ti-4R slip-on again!

What the hell is going on? How did I break it?

I'm gonna check if the rear tire actually wobbles to the side and "slams" my pipe, otherwises what the hell is going on? I know the Pro circuit pipe is for closed course, but I'm not a pro or anything!! :banana:

Here's the pictures of the previous broken slip-on, I don't wanna upload new ones because the cracks look the same:

Bikeexhaust095.jpg

Bikeexhaust097.jpg

Anyone experience something like this? How can one of the good marketing brand slip-on pipe break... ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿคฃ

Wow , Crash slam ? Doesnt look like the tire did it becuase i see no tire marks

No noo I don't think so... I haven't crashed badly, just sliding off to the side

one or two times.

This really sucks.. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have college classes though, but I could of ridden again tommrow.

I gotta step things up and learn how to proper bike maintenance as I have been riding hard lately, esspecially at my practice track...

You think the rocks could of caused it? I'm looking all over the internet for Slip-on problems/issues

It's just there style of mount. It's physics, the mount doesn't cover enough surface area to support that heavy can during all the abuse we can dish out. I have a spare can so when one breaks I take it off and replace it with my previously welded (repaired) spare. The can's with the strap that goes all the way around for the mount I believe are the best.

Brand new one... ๐Ÿ™‚ now I'm hoping that they'll give me. 2nd NEW replacement otherwises I have to get myself a slip on pipe.

What are "cans"?

EDIT: if its the mount that is breaking the pipe, should I put straps around the pipe to hold it better??

It's just there style of mount. It's physics, the mount doesn't cover enough surface area to support that heavy can during all the abuse we can dish out. I have a spare can so when one breaks I take it off and replace it with my previously welded (repaired) spare. The can's with the strap that goes all the way around for the mount I believe are the best.

+1. The mount obviously needs to be attached w/more than those 4 points. Poor design. ๐Ÿ™‚

I've got a buddy who had an FMF pipe w/the strap style mount and the strap eventually broke.... but it's better the strap breaks than the pipe ha

METAL FATIGURE just a bad pipe I bet Pro circuit will repair or get you another

They did give me a replacement, but it broke again in the same spot, the mount, and its gonna break again if I don't put a strap or something.

Anyone got pictures of their pipes but with straps to ensure the pipe stays?

My pro circuit Ti-4 kept breaking for no reason as well and I had to keep welding it. After about 15 hours or riding and 3 repairs to cracks in the can and midpipe, the core broke into pieces and the pipe self destructed. I've had much better luck with other brands since.

For cracks like you have, I would get a piece of sheet metal about 8"x4" and bend it to match the can curvature so it fits the long way in the can. Then drill holes in it to match the mounting holes for the rivets in the mount. Place this piece inside the can, and then rivet everything together so that the can is sandwiched between this piece and the mount. This piece of sheet metal will help distribute the load from the rivets throughout the can more. This is how FMF pipes with solid mounts on the can come and I have never had a problem with them breaking.

My pro circuit Ti-4 kept breaking for no reason as well and I had to keep welding it. After about 15 hours or riding and 3 repairs to cracks in the can and midpipe, the core broke into pieces and the pipe self destructed. I've had much better luck with other brands since.

For cracks like you have, I would get a piece of sheet metal about 8"x4" and bend it to match the can curvature so it fits the long way in the can. Then drill holes in it to match the mounting holes for the rivets in the mount. Place this piece inside the can, and then rivet everything together so that the can is sandwiched between this piece and the mount. This piece of sheet metal will help distribute the load from the rivets throughout the can more. This is how FMF pipes with solid mounts on the can come and I have never had a problem with them breaking.

Well I just called Pro circuit company and they told me to put it in the box and mail it to them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the tip. You explained it all nice! Darn Pro circuit pipe and their prices...