tire selection help.

Need a bit of help with tire selection, first time converting to motard iv'e got WR450 2010, i've bought a set of geinhart 3.5'' 17'' front and 4.25'' 17'' rear wheels.

Want to run 120 front and 150 rear, just dont no much about profiles? 60-70 whats the differnence preformance/clearance wise?

Its mostly general road use.

What do you guys run?

Been advised to go for the Dunlop GPR100 best allround price/performance?

Cheers.

Rob

I thought that was a scooter tire? I run the conti-force tires on my motard.

They last longer than the conti-force SM tires but don't grip as good.

I Run a taller 150/70/17 in the rear for less hwy revs. I've tried both the 70 and 60 and I like the taller 70 tire better.

You might have fittment issues with the taller tire so you might want to run the 60 tire first than after you wear it out try the 70 tire.

Edited by cyclewizard

I've got the 150 Dunlop GPRA10 on the rear (4.25" rim) of my CRF450 race bike & its been awesome so far, i had the matcing 120/60 on the front & it wasn't good, had plenty of grip to a point but because of the profile once i was really laid over i'd ride of the edge into a masive slide, much happier with 70 series tyres on the front.

with a 4.25in. rear i wouldnt go for anything larger the a 150/60. if you have a dealer out there that can get you shinkos i would look into them. i have personally used them and love them for the price and performance. i rated them best bang for buck tyre awhile ago after tryng contis and a few others