mx seat and tank for 650L?

Has anyone picked up this mx kit for the 650L? I just stumbled across it and didn't know this existed. I was wondering if it may cure some of the top heavy handling issues. I sure would like for my L to be narrower also. The price is steep, so I wanted to check here before I drop any money on this, it is tempting...

http://www.justgastanks.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_9_126&products_id=1039

The tank is .6 of a gallon smaller. That is what about 3 pounds? I really don't think it's going to help the top heavy thing you are complaining about. Take that $500 and apply it for buying a 90's 250 two stroke. That should address the weight and width issues.

I can see shedding some weight, but don't expect to make a pig anything but a pig. It's jut no going to happen.

Well...I know it's not going to help much with shedding pounds, but it seems it would feel much better and help with control. I guess it depends on riding style, but I would dig a more narrow feel than what I currently have going.

I still have the metal gas tank on right now, and I was looking at getting the smallest Clarke gas tank, and that already puts me over $200, but then I saw this...

Actually it's not just cosmetic, (Of course I'm slightly biased because I own a kit) but I also know the differences because I've run the MX tank, the stock tank, and the "Exxon Valdis" Acerbis tank ๐Ÿ˜. The shape of the tank and seat are very different from stock. It allows you to move your weight much farther forward and control the bike with your knees easier when cranked over in a corner. It also changes the CG of the bike, as the fuel sits much closer to the ground than with the stocker.

In the end, it boils down to preference, to each their own, ya know...spend your money where you want to. I think for my money, the tank rocks. ๐Ÿ˜

Actually it's not just cosmetic, (Of course I'm slightly biased because I own a kit) but I also know the differences because I've run the MX tank, the stock tank, and the "Exxon Valdis" Acerbis tank :cheers:. The shape of the tank and seat are very different from stock. It allows you to move your weight much farther forward and control the bike with your knees easier when cranked over in a corner. It also changes the CG of the bike, as the fuel sits much closer to the ground than with the stocker.

In the end, it boils down to preference, to each their own, ya know...spend your money where you want to. I think for my money, the tank rocks. ๐Ÿ˜

Is the seat taller than stock? It looks like it in the pictures, but I can't tell for sure. I think you are the first person who actually has the kit that I have encountered. ๐Ÿ˜

Well, it's a done deal. I just talked to Pete, from Aloop, this morning (super nice guy). He said it will be on it's way on Friday. To me, this is going to be a great mod! I like the L right now, but when I sit on it and try to get forward/around the tank, I feel like I'm on a horse, or trying to wrap my legs around a tree trunk. I think this will improve the feel of the bike greatly. When I sit on an MX bike, I love the feel, so I figure this should be a happy medium. I'm not worried about the seat being taller, because I'm 6'4", if I were shorter, that may be an issue. As for the small tank, if I ever decide to go on a long trip, it wouldn't be difficult to switch back to the stock.

O.K, now that I've justified spending $500, I could move on, I just hope my wife doesn't see this post.

Is the seat taller than stock? It looks like it in the pictures, but I can't tell for sure. I think you are the first person who actually has the kit that I have encountered. ๐Ÿ˜

The seat really isn't taller, but the front of the seat meets the tank at a very flat angle, as compared to how the stock seat turns upward sharply at the tank. The MX seat also extends farther forward over the tank. Both of these allow you to slide much farther forward over the the motor to control the bike.

I ride off road alot, and for steep/tight trails this really helps. (as well as for the occasional SUMO action ๐Ÿ˜ )

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, my Aloop stuff came about a week ago.. thought I'd post a few pics. I do not regret it one bit. This bike feels so much better riding off road, I should have done this sooner. Installation was a little tricky, but once everything was in there, it all fell right into place.

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

6109b8ed.jpg