Kennedy Meadows - 7/9 - 7/11 2010, Rattlesnake attack and Ride video

another boyz trip down in the books. We camped at Troy Meadow (Overflow) campground this time and had an absolute blast. Friday we did sections of Albanita and Rattlesnake trails for a 26 mile loop. We actually had a 3-4 foot rattlesnake strike at me and another rider in our group of 5 as we rode by. There was nowhere to go as he slithered out in front of me doing 25-35MPH with no time to stop...only time to freak out, so we just lifted our legs up high and rolled on by, that damn thing struck and smacked his teeth of my swing arm, then again at the next guy in our group. I'm pleased to say that neither snake or human was harmed.

On Saturday we did the usual ride up Jackass trail, past Beck Meadow into Monache Meadow and the Golden Trout Forest. Their was heavy rains at about 4AM on Friday night, then a heavy hail/rain storm caught us in the middle of Monache Meadow at about noonish on Saturday. All of this moisture made our usual ride go from great to ALL TIME EPIC conditions.

Yes, the mosquitoes are in FULL FORCE, come prepared with serious bug spray.

Here's some helmet cam footage I compiled from early on our ride, Saturday. I've got the vHoldr HD on, riding my 06' YZ450f following my bro Jason on a 04' CRF450, our MX bikes do pretty good up there, but not ideal, even after dropping a tooth on the counter shaft sprocket.. This is about 15 minutes outside of Troy Overflow camp...many of you will recognize the bridge crossing.

Helmet Cam:

Picture Gallery:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/12605625_wNeVJ#931495633_T5EdU

Doug

• 2 years later...

Just got back and we loved it up there. Will be going back in June or July. This place was amazing. The trails, the weather, the scenic beauty. If you haven't been, it's a must visit place! The General Store was a perfect spot for a Patty Melt and a cold drink. Cheers!

Edited by neighborchick