Are footpegs worth it?

Honda's have the worst stock foot pegs. Replace them!

Most aftermarket wide pegs are 10mm wider than stock. So that is 5mm to the front and 5mm to the rear. If you have a big foot that extra 5mm forward can cramp your foot to the shifter.

So some peg companies offer a 10mm offset to the rear. This allows you to use the wide pegs without having to change the shifter for more room.

I don't mind the stock pegs to really be honest, but I currently have MDK ti pegs are the are the absolute perfect size. Plus they weigh probably 1/2 or 1/4 of the weight of the stock pegs.

042408mdkpegs.jpg[/quote

How much were your MDK pegs??

I don't mind the stock pegs to really be honest, but I currently have MDK ti pegs are the are the absolute perfect size. Plus they weigh probably 1/2 or 1/4 of the weight of the stock pegs.

042408mdkpegs.jpg[/quote

How much were your MDK pegs??

They cost 229. Seems spendy but when you look at like Lightspeed ti pegs for example, they are the exact same price. There might be another peg out there with a similar shape for cheaper, but I just absolutely love them.

what are the biggest advantage to the wider foot pegs i mean are they really worth 230 bucks? ive personally never put them on so i have no clue but i was considering it after my friend done it i asked this same question in a thread a few weeks ago and never really got a concrete answer

what are the biggest advantage to the wider foot pegs i mean are they really worth 230 bucks? ive personally never put them on so i have no clue but i was considering it after my friend done it i asked this same question in a thread a few weeks ago and never really got a concrete answer

More stability. Especially if you have a big foot. I would spend $230 on something else for the bike rather than wider pegs. Just my opinion.

yea i agree 230 seems steep for an extra 10 mm lol especially if you don't have big feet ...but i looked up the ankle savers and they seem like a good idea hopefully they catch on so it can keep some people from getting hurt!! i give the idea a thumbs up i just wonder if they are as good as they claim they seem like they may get in the way.

i had one of my lightspeed pegs crack right in half, thank God my friend saw it before i went back out to ride that could of been really bad for me. the peg broke clean in half by the strongest point and the only thing holding together was the bracket with the pin and spring soon as i took out the pin it was 2 pieces. not cool. they wouldn't even refund me. so i never bought anything from them again

been using the pro taper pegs. there alot cheaper and you can replace the top when it gets worn out for like 50 bucks they send you a new top section. you can get different offsets too if you want. i got the stock offset

http://www.protaper.com/index.html

I have IMS pegs and some how the guy before me who had the bike bent the left one pretty good.­čśĆ

I actually did the same thing to an IMS peg, hauling ass around a corner that was flat and slick the rear end on my YZ went out one direction and the bike slid backwards and eventually the peg took a digger and flipped the bike onto the other side. IMS had some pretty weak pegs, but Id rather have the peg go than take a chunk of my frame with it