Counter Shaft Sprocket

is your bike stock? or what does it have done? i dont think that a stock 250x has enough power to gear it up. i geared mine down one tooth from stock and i lije it a lot. but i do alot more tight trail riding than anything.

i have a smog blosk off kit on it, 05 crf250r head and cam, wiseco 13.5:1 hc piston, new valves, valve springs. and im trying to get more out of 5th gear. before with out the hc piston 5th gear pinned i was 3 bike lengths behind a crf450r. now it feels like 5th is short and i find myself looking for a 6th. and i was thinking about going down on the rear sprocket but its easier to do the counter shaft sprocket rather than taking the rear wheel off and doing it that way

well that makes a big difference haha mines stock and has nowhere near enough power to gear it up. i think that guy is right tho, a 15t countershaft sprocket would rub. so like 2 or 3 teeth smalller possibly 4 on the rear will probably do the trick.

yea i think im going to drop down to a 51 tooth rear sprocket and thinking about getting a DID VT / VT2 chain when i get the new rear sprocket. bike is 6 years old with the original chain.