96 kx500 motor in 90 250 frame?

Is there anything you havent tried? except death?
Lot's of things. Never tried homosexual sex, falling out of a perfectly good airplane, public nudity...๐Ÿ˜

Seriously, I've never put a KX500 engine in anything, but many members here have, and there are lots of posts on it that I have read, including a very good one from cutting torch:

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=896738

Read that thread, his work is outstanding and impressive.

I posted there I think... Its just crazy how someone can be familiar with so much CRAP. I thought I knew my stuff!
I'm just one of those people that is able to recall with very good accuracy almost anything that I read. Used to drive my teachers nuts! ๐Ÿ˜

And with forty years of riding and wrenching I have managed to pick up a few things...๐Ÿ˜

Id say! Funny thing is I can wrench all day and remember everything, but in school, not so much. Drives me nuts! I cant for the sake of my life remember the size of my RMs axle nut or my KDX though. I need to change my tires more often...or at least flip them.

Id say! Funny thing is I can wrench all day and remember everything, but in school, not so much. Drives me nuts! I cant for the sake of my life remember the size of my RMs axle nut or my KDX though. I need to change my tires more often...or at least flip them.
๐Ÿ˜ I can tell you my '79 RM250 (the last RM I had, friggen POS ๐Ÿ˜ ) had a 25mm axle nut, and my KDX250 had a 27mm Honda self-locking nut on the axle...