My second trip to an mx track!

WOW! ๐Ÿ˜

Went back out to yaphank yesterday in long island NY. I wrote another thread last week about my first time at a track and boy am I glad I went again yesterday. I felt like a completely diff rider. My body and the bike almost felt like one. I felt soooo much better over last week. I don't know what did it but I was notably better. Not to say I am anywhere NEAR good, but I have vastly improved. I was hitting jumps much better, using the front brake and clutching a lot more, and turning better. I was getting good at leveling the bike out mid flight. I actually cleared the biggest jump there once at the end of the day! I was so pumped. It was a 50ish or maybe 40 foot table top. I was at the top of third when i hit it and I flew perfectly, landed right on the downhill smoothly. Time stopped in the air, I don't think I've ever had so much adrenaline in my life. My heart was beating out of my chest. I am not gonna lie and say I did it a lot, I felt like once was enough and I didn't want to push my luck.

So much fun! and I actually passed some people! lol I wasnt the slowest rider there it was nice. There were a lot of yellow flags through the day but I dont think anyone got seriously hurt. Glad I didn't fall at all, I had my new 661 pressure suit on (yeah its dorky whatever) and maybe that was giving me some more confidence. And thankfully I didn't need it. I smacked my face into the handlebars on one jump thankfully the helmet protected me. On another jump I wasn't set up too well and landed bad, and really strained my right ankle. I'm glad I didnt break it but I definitely came close. I need another set of boots because mine are garbage and have no ankle support. Also I should look into getting a neck brace just in case. Damn things are so expensive though! I really can't wait to go again, I am very glad with my improvement. My weakest link right now is turning. There was one guy there in the expert section that was making all the other "experts" look like novices. Never seen anyone so good, he was shredding every turn. Too late for me to become that good haha ๐Ÿ˜

I watched some of those gary semics videos, good stuff!

Edited by Derrinx

Yea, this reminds me of last night, I was just tearing it up.

I wanted to make a suggestion on why you feel like your "one" with the bike, thats probably do to you pinching it more. I notice when I don't pinch very much, you have no control over it. I don't know how many people told me to pinch and never stop pinching, but its just the holy grail of going faster. Being a complete noob to MX I've gotta say being in the groove and having good solid several-lap moto's, man it just feels great.

They had to kick me off the track last night at 9:45 cuz they closed at 9:30, I had no intentions on stopping otherwise! LOL

Good luck out their, its kinda addicting ain't it! ๐Ÿ˜