maggie valley

My mom and dad have a house in maggie valley. Me and my brother want to take our bikes, where is the best place for us to ride. We know a little about the area just not riding. We will have our kids with us so we dont want to kill ourselves. Our sons do race though so we can all ride well. I have heard some what about brown mt. but not much and if we go there where do we get passes. Or if theres some place better where would that be. Let me also say that we are from myrtle beach sc so we are flat land people so please remember that. My son is the only one who has rode in the mountains he did a race in bybee tn. but he is also only 10 but came in second in his class so he can handle some good trails.

Wayhutta is very close to there and is good riding.

Mainly ride Brushy. Never been out to Wayhutta before. Read about it on various sites. Do you have to do the entire 28 mile loop or are there shorter loops? Some sections sound like they would be fine for kids (10 and 12), both of whom have ridden CAW and Brushy.

Mainly ride Brushy. Never been out to Wayhutta before. Read about it on various sites. Do you have to do the entire 28 mile loop or are there shorter loops? Some sections sound like they would be fine for kids (10 and 12), both of whom have ridden CAW and Brushy.

You don't have to do 28 miles, you can make all kinds of loops.

It is "easy" riding for mountain trails. My oldest rode it on his XR50, but none of hte my other kids have quite his skill. The TT-R90 does just fine out there though. There's only 1 trail that is extreme at all, and it isnt' that bad, just a rocky hill-climb that is kind of a bypass, no need to take it if you're not up to it. This is where i take my kids when they're ready to start riding mountain type trails. Not usually a bunch of people racing around either. They are 2 way trails though...

where do we get passes for these trails.

There are envelopes at the trailhead, by the map. You need 1 for each rider. Put the money in the envelope, tear off your part to carry on you, and put the money part in the slot . $5 per person last time I went.

You don't have to do 28 miles, you can make all kinds of loops.

It is "easy" riding for mountain trails. My oldest rode it on his XR50, but none of hte my other kids have quite his skill. The TT-R90 does just fine out there though. There's only 1 trail that is extreme at all, and it isnt' that bad, just a rocky hill-climb that is kind of a bypass, no need to take it if you're not up to it. This is where i take my kids when they're ready to start riding mountain type trails. Not usually a bunch of people racing around either. They are 2 way trails though...

Thanks for the info! I'll have to check it out.