1984 RM80 update

I took the carb off and cleaned it out, wasn't to dirty...tried kickstartin it and nothing. Got the bright idea of tryin to roll start it and it kicked over then died. tried few more times and got her goin. rode around slow just around the driveway, need an air filter for it and once i get that and it back assembled completely i ll put up some pics of my antique beast. first two stroke i ve owned so wish me well!! ­čśĆ

Have to get a compression tester or take it to a shop? or how would ya go about it? i can get it kick started now i don't have to roll start it every time, gonna let it sit over night and see what happens in the mornin when i go to fire it up, gonna get my air filter tomorrow hopefully

went out this mornin and kickstarted the bike, fired right up first time. One my buddy's has a compression tester so just gotta get him to come over or let me borrow it. the clutch never fully engages on it and i ve asked around and was told my clutch plates where prolly just worn out, wondered what your thoughts on it were.

Or it could be a streched cable/old and freyed, if you have no more adjustment. I would look at the whole cable mechinism and make sure there is no issues there first. After all,,, like tailender said it is an older bike.

I went and put my pliars on the clutch arm and cranked it to its max and it still won't fully engage, i got my compression tester and its runnin between 110 and 120, suzuki shop told me it should be runnin 125-135. also didn't know if when i got my air filter if the bike would run a lil smoother cause a little more restriction on the air intake?? any thoughts on whether or not to order new rings and check out my piston?? new on the two stroke side of things, dealt with more four wheelers than dirt bikes so any help is greatly appreciated!!

okay checkout what padgett said see if you can pull off the clutch arm and spin it a bit to see if you can get more out of it. short of that you might have to pop the side cover off the and spec out the clutch disk and spring tension specs. did you ever get a manual? I wouldn't order any parts until you pull the cylinder(if you decide to pull it off) and spec it out. You don't know if someone bored it out before you got it.

went out to take that arm off, while try to get it off i heard a snap, didn't think much of it til i saw the clutch release pin arm start movin up and down in the transmission, it doesn't have any spring tension to it to go back and forth now. tryin to take the side casing off as we speak, didn't know if i had to take it off the bike to do that or if i can leave it on, already drained tranny fluid

On the right side case that covers the clutch, the cable runs down to the clutch arm. I know what you tried to do and that was to just pull the little arm off the splines and move it and I should have detailed what I was talking about in the first place. If you can move the slined shaft to the left and hold it while you put the arm back on, you shold get it back togather with out pulling the out side case off. If you cant.... then!! You will need to pull the side cover off. Inside the inner clutch hub is the pin that has teeth on one side. Those teeth slide into the side cover which holds the clutch arm. If someone had that side cover off, it is very easy to get it off a tooth or two. I just replaced a clutch in our 85 and it took me 6 stabs at it and I even had it marked when I took it apart. Its not hard, you just got to hit it just right. Aim the clutch arm a little bit left of the kick starter hole to hit it just right. Slide the case on very easy and move the clutch arm a little bit to get it to grab the pin with the grooves that is inside the inner clutch hub. It is not hard, but it can be pain.

I ll try my best to find one, so should i wait to crack into the trans side case or pop it off and see check it out?

found this in another thread in regards to a manual. PM Matt Tiede for more info

If you want an oem one and don't mind waiting a few weeks (the presses take some time to heat up, lol), call us up 866-674-6788