Extra Part after changing rear tire?

Ok so I get home from work today and take the rear tire off the bike so I can get the new tire mounted at the shop up the street. While I am gone the kids 9 and 3 are playing in the garage and decide to get into my tools and parts laying on the floor. I get home shoo them, and put the wheel back on, test drive and like the tire so far Podium 006 (not what I wanted b/c I ordered the wrong tire don't ask me how).

Then I am cleaning up my tools/mess when I find this little guy (see pic below). Don't remember seeing it when I took the tire off and when I asked my 9 yr old he said his bother was meesing around the bike and pulling on the brake caliper, and kicking around the axle and stuff. I guess my question from this annoying post is does this belong to the bike? Thanks for any recognition anyone might have of this! If I had to guess I would say it goes on one of the axle slider bolts but I don't think so? I don't know thats why I am asking!

So I guess lesson learned to tie children up in the closet while gone and motorcycle parts are on the garage floor! ­čśĆ :smirk:

S7300762.jpg

S7300763.jpg

S7300766.jpg

It looks like the spacer that goes in the bottom chain block , that is under the swingarm next to the rear sprocket . They usually fall out everytime you remove the block to get the rear wheel off , greg

18982_52.gif

This pic doesnt show them , but my bike has them on bolt number 20 . If you follow the line through the chain block , it sits in the top as a spacer

First question is what model DRZ? No, I do not recognize that part. At least not from a DRZ400E rear wheel removal.

2007 SM I think the reply below answers it!

It looks like the spacer that goes in the bottom chain block , that is under the swingarm next to the rear sprocket . They usually fall out everytime you remove the block to get the rear wheel off , greg

18982_52.gif

This pic doesnt show them , but my bike has them on bolt number 20 . If you follow the line through the chain block , it sits in the top as a spacer

Makes sense I'll stick it back in there, obviously there to keep from crushing the chain block. Thanks I didn't think it was a crucial part just curious as to where it came from. Thanks again for the quick response!

It's not what it was. The piece doesn't fit on the #20 bolt. I am not even sure if it goes to the bike and yes the chain guide had to come off to get the tire off for me at least. Maybe I'm retarded but this is the first time taking the tire off the DRZ. I have never had so much shit get in the way with anyother dirtbike I have owned. Maybe I should stick to the Evo!

evo14.jpg

I know what you mean mate , I couldnt believe the crap that I had to do when I changed my rear tyre . I love how you get to find out once you have removed the axle and brake caliper and you are holding everything in the air and it still wont come out . Well it looks like a spacing sleeve of some sort , so just keep an eye out , but if things are tight it shouldnt matter too much , greg

OHHHHH EVO with Advans.....Nice. I had my 06 SM's rear wheel off tonight and the closest thing I can think of is that lower chain block with 4 of the (#20 parts illustration) bolts.

Nice to see someone who recognizes the Evo! Always a project in the works but never done! Not sure but it doesn't fit the chain block bolts. No bother evrything is tight and she is riding great with the new rubber!

Nice to see someone who recognizes the Evo! Always a project in the works but never done! Not sure but it doesn't fit the chain block bolts. No bother evrything is tight and she is riding great with the new rubber!

You have those milky white stock axle sliders don't you?

Like the ones in this picture?

http://www.terryssupermoto.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/drz400sm1.JPG

It looks like a little spacer that goes on the bolt that holds those on.

You have those milky white stock axle sliders don't you?

Like the ones in this picture?

http://www.terryssupermoto.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/drz400sm1.JPG

It looks like a little spacer that goes on the bolt that holds those on.

Thats what it is. They went on fine without it but I'll take it back off and put it on. Who would have thought that little thing would have so many pieces! Crisis overted!