How do I remove a stripped nut?

This isn't just any stripped nut. I have to replace my piston rings in my cr250 and while taking the cylinder off, the last nut stripped. I can't fit vise grips onto it because it is in a kind of concave spot with the hpp system right above it. Needlenose vise grips won't work either. Any suggestions?

That stinks! Just thinking here with you--you could drill 3-4 small holes in the side of the nut so that you could eventually use a screwdriver to split the nut. You'll have to replace the stud afterwards of course. I bought new nuts on my last rebuild from cheapcycleparts.com btw.

Good luck!

some good penetrating lubricant applied to the nut and let it soak if you havent already,

then if you have a micro torch try to heat the nut only for about 10 seconds at a time then try to use a box end wrench maybe a 6 point would be best if you havent tried that.

good luck! and don't basterdize it unless all else fails.

I went through the same thing when I rebuilt my CR 250 this spring. I ended up soaking it in WD40 for a couple hours and then I went to the hardware store to buy a sharp ass chisel. With the chisel and hammer I made a nice notch into the nut at an angle and of course going counter clockwise! I kept tapping (not hard) and the nut started to move slowly, but surely. It took some time, but the nut came off (all chewed up) and the threading on the head was untouched. Just take your time.

Is there a special wrench to get that nut off anyway? You cannot get to it with a normal socket and wrench. Damn Hondas. lol

I ground down the end of a box end wrench to fit the two offensive nuts on my bike, but it's still a lot of trouble--and I don't have a way of accurately torqueing them. I do believe there is a special wrench that fits the nuts and attaches to a torque wrench though.

it isnt a special wrench, just a 14mm. ad your right, honda puts nuts and bolts in imposible places to reach! i would like to see the people who made the bike try to get this bolt out. i will try every thing now. thanks. i will let you guys know how this comes out.

Ok so i tried to chisle it out, I heated it up and used a wrench, grinded it away, and it is now poulverized and it still is not closer to coming out. Anyone know anyother suggestions, or anyone know where I can buy a new motor?

A machine shop maybe able to help you? I had them take out to broken off chain adjuster bolts that snapped off in my swing arm. They usually have the know how and tools to do this sort of thing. I wouldn't quite go to the lengths of a new engine, unless yours is toast.