sweeping turns

Just a quick questing about long sweeping turns. There are two tracks I've been going to weekly, Dirt World in Dorset Oh and another small crappy ungroomed track ๐Ÿ˜ Both have long sweeping turns, almost like a straight thats bent a little lol I just want to know what my body position should be? I ride a yz125 and have enough time to tap out 4th at both places. I feel pretty good sitting more front than neutral or back, but just curious. ๐Ÿ˜

Soft loam sweepers are my favorite!!! What kind of dirt were you riding on? That would probably play a part in technique a bit. Are they sandy fluff or are they hard packed?

I'm not great or anything but I recently raced an enduro that had several sweepers and the track was all hard packed and flat. I had better luck with leaning the bike but keeping my body more vertical with the ground. It helped weight the outside peg to keep whatever traction I could and I could adjust to what the bike wanted to do easier.

In another race I was in recently, it was the opposite situation. Soft sandy loam that got whooped out throughout the day. I had better luck weighting the inside peg and leaning with the bike. I also adjusted the suspension a touch for the soft loam.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm relaying the wrong technique but this is what I found worked for me.

Ryan

On the hard pack, I try to ride more like a flat-track rider would (we have a fair amount of hard pack out here, not just sand), sitting, elbows out, and letting the rear slide out to steer. On the real soft stuff, I approach it more like a berm, but I stand if its a long sweeper and weight the outside peg and keeping my upper body vertical.

• Experts

While still under braking body position should be back. The harder you're braking the more back. Just the opposite when you make the transition, going from braking to accelerating, the harder you accelerate the more forward your body position should be. Of course there are always exceptions but this is the rule of thumb.

Check out my free preview of my All About Cornering Video at; www.garysemics.com ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜