1986 Yamaha TT350 Rear Shock

The rear shock on my 86 TT350 is blown. I had noticed some oil on it a few weeks ago and had hoped it would last me the season but no such luck. My problem now is that I can't find a used one anywhere yet and the old one is not rebuildable. An OEM replacement, even if it is available, is over $1000 and that is just too much. My question is, can anyone point me in the right direction to either a decent used one or an aftermarket one that will fit. I am a machinist so if it isn't exact I can make my own bushings or what have you. She is an old girl with lots of hard miles on her but I still love her. Any help would be great. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!!

I am going by what a guy at Northstar Performance here in NH had told me. He says there are no kits available for replacement parts inside and that the unit was peened at the factory so it can't be taken apart. I have to assume he knows what he is talking about. The shock for a 86 YZ250 is rebuildable but not for mine from what I am seeing. This guy was referred to me by my local Yamaha shop by the way. Thanks for your quick response. Let me know if you think of anything that would fit.

Andy

I only found one on there and it only has about an hour left to bid on it. It says it is off of an 88 TT350 but I thought they only made them for 86 and 87. That is all that is referenced on all the sites I use for parts. Dennis Kirk, Bike Bandit, etc. It sure does look like it in the picture.

• 1 year later...

Andy, I have a TT 350 and am also trying to find a solution for replacing the rear shock, have you been able to find anything? The stock rear shock is not rebuildable and I think it was a porr design to make it a throw away. Anyone with a suggestion or help would be appreciated.