09-10 crf450's on race gas

the bike has no idea it has the race fuel in it. in order to compensate you will need to alter the fueling.

Do you have the re-map for the 2010 450's yet? If so I will send the box out to you as soon as I get the bike back to the garage.

So here is a question I will pose as I plan on buying either a left over 10 or 2011 450. Can anyone who is using race gas in these EFI bikes tell me if the fuel is having any adverse affects on the injectors. That is, are the injectors getting clogged like the jets can and will on non EFI bikes running race fuel. I run 4.2 and am meticulous on draining the tank and carb after each ride but still find fuel is crystalizing and clogging jets in the carb. Just looking for feedback before I buy one and decide to run race fuel in it.

I called and left a message for you Eddie about a month ago. Still waiting for a call back. I was going to have you remap my ecu. The guy I left a message with said and I quote "If you don't hear back from him in a week or 2, give us a call back". Sorry, nobody is that busy. You gotta get the money when you can these days. Made me wonder how long it might take to get the ecu back with a response like that from your man. I went with another company. Just thought you ought to know what happened. I went with another tuner.

Jeff

there was no reason for that at all unless you didnt tell them what you wanted. at the time i was still working out of otd cyclesports and if i answered every one of the 200 calls i got per day then yes i would be that busy.

if you said you just wanted to send your ecu in they told i was gonna call you back then im not sure what was going on.

sounds like communication issues.

any way im no longer associated with otd cyclesports.

in any case i have never had a customers ecu in my hands for longer than 10 minutes or so unless we couldnt get a hold of them for payment.

So here is a question I will pose as I plan on buying either a left over 10 or 2011 450. Can anyone who is using race gas in these EFI bikes tell me if the fuel is having any adverse affects on the injectors. That is, are the injectors getting clogged like the jets can and will on non EFI bikes running race fuel. I run 4.2 and am meticulous on draining the tank and carb after each ride but still find fuel is crystalizing and clogging jets in the carb. Just looking for feedback before I buy one and decide to run race fuel in it.

we run 4.2 and havent had any issues but i still wouldnt leave it in the bike for long periods of time.

we run 4.2 and havent had any issues but i still wouldnt leave it in the bike for long periods of time.

That's good to hear. I will keep my same habits of draining after each ride as I know the fuel deteriorates when it is kept in plastic containers (the tank) for long periods of time. Thanks for the info.

I just worked on a friends 2010 yz450 and found a lot of blue junk in the throttle body and intake tract. he was having a lot of stalling and hard starting issues. cleaned it out and bike was all better. he was running TT111 race gas 114 octane. not mixed straight. i guess that fuel has some sort of oil in it to stop corrosion and other issues with race gas.

I also had a customer with a 08 crf back in 07 having problems with the valves and carb corroding, mixed gas with 100:1 premix and no more issues, no build up either. ???

I talked with Scott from CRFstuff.com about the bike in general. I purchased the fuel filter that sits at the top of the gas tank. My only concern with pump gas is the amount of ethonal in today's fuel. I plan on buying the bike in the first week of August and riding it till I deploy again in January. I don't want to spend the time home messing around with the bike. I wanna ride! So if running race gas that is filtered for 5 months would be ok. Any ideas?

I just worked on a friends 2010 yz450 and found a lot of blue junk in the throttle body and intake tract. he was having a lot of stalling and hard starting issues. cleaned it out and bike was all better. he was running TT111 race gas 114 octane. not mixed straight. i guess that fuel has some sort of oil in it to stop corrosion and other issues with race gas.

I also had a customer with a 08 crf back in 07 having problems with the valves and carb corroding, mixed gas with 100:1 premix and no more issues, no build up either. ???

You say mixed the gas 100:1 with premix, you mean two stroke premix??? Interesting if that is the case as when I first bought my bike I was told by a guy at the dealer to run a capful of Maxima Castor 927 in it for that very reason. I did it for a while but then stopped but I wasn't running race fuel back then. Maybe I will try it with the race gas and see what happens.

there was no reason for that at all unless you didnt tell them what you wanted. at the time i was still working out of otd cyclesports and if i answered every one of the 200 calls i got per day then yes i would be that busy.

if you said you just wanted to send your ecu in they told i was gonna call you back then im not sure what was going on.

sounds like communication issues.

any way im no longer associated with otd cyclesports.

in any case i have never had a customers ecu in my hands for longer than 10 minutes or so unless we couldnt get a hold of them for payment.

Yes it was when you were working out of OTD. Glad to hear things are going well for you.

Jeff

That's exactly what I thought!

Nope he uses no-toil. It's the coloring of the gas or something. The gas is blue in the can. I was in the process of removing te gytr hi-comp piston so he doesn't have to use race gas anymore anyways. $12/gal is ridiculous for a weekend warrior like him.

Nope he uses no-toil. It's the coloring of the gas or something. The gas is blue in the can. I was in the process of removing te gytr hi-comp piston so he doesn't have to use race gas anymore anyways. $12/gal is ridiculous for a weekend warrior like him.

He shouldnt have to run high octane fuel with his HC piston though. But maybe the Yamaha's are more sensitive to detonation. 😏

But that looks like a lot of fuel though too, if that's what it is. That dye they put in there is a pain in the ass. Thats all that is.

Looks like oil, I dont see how gas would turn to that if its being ridden.

Quick question, So i just use regular pump gas, Seems like everytime i turn around im confronted with "Run premix 100:1" or whatever or "Use lead substitute".

Whats the real deal here ? I was told running premix would just hurt fuel economy, and i should just use yamaha carbon detergent stuff.

Does anyone have any proof or data on what is the correct method (for 4 stroke) ? (Pump gas,Race Gas, Mixed with premix, Lead additives Ect.)