Torn seat - Best aftermarket replacement?

Had a little low side get off yesterday that resulted somehow in a torn seat. :-(

Guess I'm in the market for a new one to replace the stocker on my 08 450 EXC-R. Not unhappy with the stock seat height but would like to replace with one a bit more comfortable, but most importantly one that is really durable. Reccomendations, best vendors?

Thanks in advance for the info,

Hamp

So far I'll check out the Guts, SDG, EE and SICASS. Anyone have any thoughts as to the most durable of that group?

Also, has anyone ever re-covered one of these plastic based seats with a GUTS cover? They look pretty good and I've re-covered wood based seats many times but never plastic.

Thanks for the help gang!

Hamp

So far I'll check out the Guts, SDG, EE and SICASS. Anyone have any thoughts as to the most durable of that group?

Also, has anyone ever re-covered one of these plastic based seats with a GUTS cover? They look pretty good and I've re-covered wood based seats many times but never plastic.

Thanks for the help gang!

Hamp

I love my EE tall soft seat, and it's still in perfect condition after a year of use (and plenty of crashes). Yes, mine is a tall, but I would assume the "regular" height one is just as comfortable.

I also have my stock seat, which I recovered with a GUTS cover and "comfort" foam. It looks good (better than the EE), but is not as comfortable, IMO. I have no prior experience recovering seats and was able to do a decent job on mine, but I thought it was kind of a PITA. It would probably be a lot easier with a heavy-duty, industrial staple gun. Mine is a piece of crap.

Thanks for all the help gang, I ended up just rolling the dice and purchasing a soft/regular from SICASS with their "carbon fiber" cover for $129. After research I was torn between the SDG product and an EE seat, but found out that SICASS makes their seat using EE foam (they actually used to make all the EE seats apparently) and a supposedly more durable cover. I'll be testing it out over the coming months and will post results down the line. Thanks again for all the great info, let's ride!!!

Aloha,

Hamp

Starting at double what any other seat manufacturer charges for their seats ($350 on their web site) hurts Renazco, at least for my consumer $. If I was buying a dual sport seat I would consider theirs because they look really nice, but for a trail bike, given the use and abuse, I had to stick with more affordable options...