Bike runs great.....BUT!

I ride in outside temps, easily over 100f. So, I went by the manual and used 20W-50 for the hot season around here. Also, drained and refilled coolant as well as cleaned out my filter (all three about 5-7 hours of riding ago). Now, the bike works great, no problems starting, idling or running BUT went to check everything out today and I have engine oil in my air box and am loosing coolant on the right side at the bottom of that little circle thing (sorry, lack of terms). My oil has dropped down to half way between full and low in only about 5 hours of riding. I do a lot of hill climbs and little jumps with my bike. Could this be the cause of oil spilling back all the way to my air box? Is the really hot temps causing my coolant leak? Needless to say, I will not be riding again until I get some more oil in er but I would like to solve these problems before that!!!

Thanks guys!

Loosing coolant out of anything but the overflow is not good. Is it leaking out at the head gasket?

Not sure how to check that! Where the hose come from the radiator, down to a circle fixture on the bottom right side of the engine. Looks like it is coming out of there. I can see where a bit has leaked onto the black plastic protectors and a bit on the frame of the bike. I tightened all the screws (and they needed tightening) but the one that you drain the coolant out of looks like I tightened it too much and the washer behind it looks bent.....dont know if that is nearly enough to cause the leak.....

Coolant - Classic water pump leak from the weep hole. Time for the RTV fix or replace the water pump.

Oil - engine oil will collet in the air box if oil is over filled. 1/2 way down the HI/LO mark is not a problem. Ride it. Check the oil level warm after at least 5 miles riding and 1 min sitting. Just keep track of it for a while to see if there is really a problem.

1/2 way down the dip stick in 5 hr of hard running is not a problem at any rate. That is only a few oz of oil.

Coolant - Classic water pump leak from the weep hole. Time for the RTV fix or replace the water pump.

Oil - engine oil will collet in the air box if oil is over filled. 1/2 way down the HI/LO mark is not a problem. Ride it. Check the oil level warm after at least 5 miles riding and 1 min sitting. Just keep track of it for a while to see if there is really a problem.

1/2 way down the dip stick in 5 hr of hard running is not a problem at any rate. That is only a few oz of oil.

Thanks. I should add that it is not a LOT of coolant. My ride yesterday was about 2.5 hours and it was about 99-101f outside. I added about 1 maybe 1 oz of coolant to fill it back up to the rim. and there is a little bit in the reserve box. What is the weep hole?

If half way on the dip is only a few ozs, what is low? Because I was definitely going to add more oil and if this was the problem I would have ALWAYS thought I had a leak!! I only added 2 quarts to begin with. So I am not sure how it would have been over filled....unless the thicker weight oil caused slightly more pressure???

2 qt is not over filled unless it was not all drained. You drained the frame and sump and oil filter cavity, right?

The classic coolant leak is generally just a small amount. Weep hole is a designed in drain between the oil seal and the coolant seal. All cars and trucks and most motorcycles have a weep hole. The weep hole in your case is shrouded from view. You just see the weep.

Low is below the low level mark or off the dip stick.

What are you using for oil? 20/50 what brand?

Instead of letting all of my coolant flow out, would it hurt anything to lay the bike on it's side for a few minutes to pull the screw out and replace the washer? Or am I gonna run into problems with the other fluids by leaning it over that far?

Ok, after some closer inspection, it seems that I was wrong about the leak (Yeah, Yeah Noble whatever! ­čśĆ).

Here are some pics I took so you guys could see what is going on. PLEASE HELP!!!­čśĆ

P1000218.jpg

P1000219.jpg

P1000220.jpg

The weep hole is just out of sight in that crevice. You will see it when you have the pump out to fix or replace. And I would replace the seal washer under the drain screw. It looks all mashed out of shape. Maybe someone thought that was the source of a leak and just kept tightening it.

The weep hole is just out of sight in that crevice. You will see it when you have the pump out to fix or replace. And I would replace the seal washer under the drain screw. It looks all mashed out of shape. Maybe someone thought that was the source of a leak and just kept tightening it.

My thought exactly. Thats why I was saying it looked like it was messed up. (the drain screw washer)

How much does it cost to do the fix? and can I use a regular washer for the drain screw or is it a special type?

Thanks guys!