is there any premix under like $8 a quart that isn't TC-W3?

I'm not a fan of TC-W3 oils for motocross because how thin it is and how much heat and wear and tear motocross puts on a engine and i don't feel it lubricates it enough. And plus it doesn't help me that last time I ran a TC-W3 oil at a 20:1 ratio, after 2 rides with it, it took my crank out.

But is there any oils out there that aren't like the viscosity of water like a TC-W3 and that has a viscosity that is comparable to a normal dirtbike premix that is cheap? Because Klotz Benol is slowly eating away at my wallet.

well, amsoil interceptor and dominator are about $10 a quart for full synthetic....

people get lucas semi synthetic on amazon for like $20 a gallon i hear....

ya klotz benol which is full castor oil is only $10 a quart. But because I ride hard and my topend and bottom ends tend to be on the dry side alittle no matter what oil I use if I don't mix atleast 24:1, it does add up rather quickly. So even a $2 a quart difference would add up over time quickly.

I was thinking about the lucas premix but I found its a 7.5 weight. So its kinda on the thin side. I think its the same weight as a tc-w3 or really close to it.

your crank going bad had nothing to do with using TC-W3 oils.

just sayin

I know it didn't. But its like a mental barrier type thing. I just can't get the confidence to run it again.

Ok, this is just my high level opinion. Every application has it's own variables...but my thumb guage is that Dino oils do a better job lubing the bottom end. Synthetics do a better job lubing the top end. Synthetics generally are designed to take more heat before losing effectiveness. Bottom ends aren't really heat impacted as much as a head, and are generally more work and $ to replace. If you are a competitive racer on a budget, ya might try Golden Spectro...I had good experiences with it racing in Socal.

honest question: how can you tell that?

its just they feel dry and they don't really feel lubed at all. But when I ran between 20:1-24:1, its just much more lubed and everything is decently covered in oil.

You know the oil settles at the bottom of the cases when it isn't running, right?

yep. but i never had any down there running 32:1. I have found if you hurry up and take a topend apart within like an hour or 2 of riding while running 20:1-24:1 that theres still a decent amount of oil up in the topend.