magura 9.0 / 9.5 master cylinder for my 450sxf?

Been reading up on the recommendation to use the 9.5 magura MC to decrease clutch pull on the 450s that come with a 10.5. Just when I decided to purchase it, I read a few vague posts from other sites saying that you could use a 9.0 also. Has anyone used a 9.0 or seen anyone using one?

I was near getting a 9.0 last week. Is there a noticable difference in the width of lever travel due to the lower effort. Pushing it in gear is irrelevant, I can't move it in gear with the 10.5, 😏!

Newb question...Is there much of a difference between the pull on a 10.5 to a 9.5? How about between the 9.5 to a 9.0? My clutch is a bit stiffer than I would like. I unfortunately don't have Popeye forearms and need all the mechanical advantage I can get.

Thanks!

True to form, it never bothered me till I thought about it after riding my 09 530 with a Brembo MC. Then it was all I thought about. 😏

The difference is pretty big and if you suffer from arm pump or hand conditions like nerve damage, as do I, its massive. I'll let ya know how the 9.0 feels but just pull a 09 or 2010 530 at the dealership. One finger easy. Thats what I'm looking for.

Don't know but the factory Huskys last year were only using 4 out of 6 springs for GNCC and off road. I tried it on my bike and it worked just dandy. I'm not a big clutch guy so my EXC clutch would probably last me a few seasons with my habits. Thats why I like a BBore! Less need to slip/slide clutch to find power.

I might even try those EXC springs too. My clutch has 100 hrs now & is in great condition. I know you didn't mean it as a tip but I'll give it a try, thanks!😏

Mine is installed. Holy cow what a difference. Its not even an effort compared to the 10.5, must be 40% of the effort if not less. Not riding it for awhile yet but I can't wait to forget about my left hand. Sorry I waited this long.😏

well i wish i had the same great results to post unfortunately I think I just wasted $145 and an hour to install/bleed. :banana: I only noticed a very slight difference maybe 15% (being generous) but this is probably due in part to my using the short two/three finger asv levers. I didnt get to bleed it as good as id like to have (ran out of mineral oil) so im heading to pick some up now and going to re-bleed and look at this thing with a stern look again hoping it will get easier to pull :eek:

IDK, you sure? I only use my levers in the 1st bend and the effort is less than half. Something else must be wrong. With air in the lines it was easier but didn't do anything, obviously.

Try the factory lever if bleding doesn't do it. I found if you use other tham Magura blood or same weight it gets a thick pull, lazy even.