95' KDX Engine rattle

I went to look at a 95' KDX200 last night and overall it seemed like a decent bike, however, there was a constant rattling sound that I think was coming from the top end of the engine, which kind of bothered me. It has been years since I have been around a 2 stroke so I'm not sure if this is a normal sound for this bike or not. When you rev it, the typical 2 stroke sounds came out and I didn't notice the rattle so it may just be at idle or it may be hard to hear when rev'd up.

Another issue I had was when I took it for a quick spin down the guys alley, I couldn't seem to get the front end up. It seemed to have lots of pep, but the front end wouldn't lift. The guy selling the bike said the person he purchased it from did a complete rebuild and he only had it out once last sumemr, but he conveniently did not have any paperwork to prove it.

Should I be worried about the rattle? Should I be worried about the apparent lack of power, or could it be that the bike didn't have a chance to warm up enough or my 200lbs is just too much for this bike?

Thanks,

Kevin

All the water cooled 2 AND 4 strokes seem to have a lot of engine noise to me, compared to their old air cooled counterparts. maybe the fins absorbed a lot of noise. Let's see what others have to say. Power wise, KDX is not a wheelie bike. I just got a 2002 220R with very low hours and if I pin it in 1st it comes up at the top of the rpm, then stays down in 2nd-on. Might be able to get it up in 2nd if I tried. Seems odd, low on power, at first, but the power is there just right for trail/woods riding. If you got off a motocrosser and onto a kdx, first impression would be that it sucks. It's a purpose- built bike too, just like a MX.