650L rear shock preload adj.

Done some searches...a zillion responses..too much to read!.My question is:I'm going to adjust the preload on the rear shock in hopes it will lower the rear end "a-bit".I know, there are kuba links etc,but,for some reason that bothers me---you would also have too lower the front forks,hince,altering the designed geometry.If I get desperate I may have to go that route.(I'm in my middle 40's and the knees are beginning to not like the peg mounting/dismounting process....I'm 5'10"...220lbs...30-31" inseam) I guess my point is,should I adjust it---loosen it up by one third,one half or what from the factory setting?.

You are going to need to use a spanner wrench. It comes pretty loose from the factory. There's more room to tighten it than loosen it but I'm sure you can loosen it a bit.

Seeing how the bike is really set up for someone about 40 pounds lighter than you are, I'd probably tighten it if anything.

You may be able to loosen it without removing the shock, but it won't be easy. I'd plan on just taking it out and save yourself some aggravation.

Done some searches...a zillion responses..too much to read!.My question is:I'm going to adjust the preload on the rear shock in hopes it will lower the rear end "a-bit".I know, there are kuba links etc,but,for some reason that bothers me---you would also have too lower the front forks,hince,altering the designed geometry.If I get desperate I may have to go that route.(I'm in my middle 40's and the knees are beginning to not like the peg mounting/dismounting process....I'm 5'10"...220lbs...30-31" inseam) I guess my point is,should I adjust it---loosen it up by one third,one half or what from the factory setting?.

Taking some preload out of the rear end will increase your "sag" which will lower the rear end. Is it ideal? Not at all. At 220, you should probably be adding preload. Try lowering the front end a bit. I have my forks raised in the triple clamps about as much as I can get away with and do not suffer any odd handling traits... She got a bit twitchy in loose sand at about 70mph once... that was stupidity on my part though ­čśĆ

Another option is to pry off the seat cover and cut down the foam in your seat.